PDA

View Full Version : Face Morphing Problem

rocky7x7
01-25-2006, 11:45 AM
hi,i was trying to morph a face with 2 target mesh,both target mesh having same segments,still while animating ,first target crumbles like a paper before becoming second target,y is this happening,was taking some polys from target1 mesh and attaching & welding it in target2 mesh caused this problem, how to tackle this problem, i m using 3dmax5 ,please suggest!

desmondying
01-26-2006, 07:23 AM
you would get better answers from the 3dmax forum.

I guess the wielding part causes the problem. Each vertex in max is assigned a number, while attaching & welding the vertices, the numbering gets screwed up.
So max mixes up the vertices, thinking a vertice on the nose belongs to the eye because they have the same number (or something along that line).

I guess there is an option to display the number of each vertex, but it escapes my mind at the moment.

you would have to redo the morph target. Just use copy and paste the object instead of attaching & welding.

rocky7x7
01-26-2006, 01:38 PM
hey,thanks for the help!I was able to do the morphing by copying and adjusting the mesh.BUT now the 1st target mash is moving towards the 2nd target mesh,when morphed[i mean through the x-axis],wat is the problem now!:cry:

desmondying
01-27-2006, 02:39 AM
I don't quite get your problem. Maybe posting screencaps will enlighten me.

I sometimes have the entire object move when it is being morphed, that was because my morph modifier is under the skin/physique modifier; I solved it by puting the morph above the skin.
Try to see if anything is affecting your morph in the modifier panel, or thru linking.

Assuming you do not want to tweak the targets anymore, you could delete the morph targets after it is picked by the morph modifier.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 02:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.