PDA

View Full Version : blender+acad workhorse

originalsurfmex
01-25-2006, 06:33 AM
sorry if i mixed up this post location...but heere goes:

im currently introducing blender to a non-profit architectural firm that i am doing volunteer work at. so money's tight with them. that being the scenario, i'm still going to recommend that they upgrade their computers. unfortunately they do all of their 3d modeling in autocad (which is super wasteful of resources) and their 3d models regularly hit 50-60mb (they are very dense models)...so how dows this sound:

2 computers at:
P4, 128mb vid card, 2gigs RAM

1 computer at (and the other computer gets no upgrades):
XEON, 256mb vid card, 4 gigs RAM
non upgraded comp: P4, 64mb internal vid memory (no ext card), 512mb RAM

i think i prefer the two comp's so i can turn em into a renderfarm at night. im going to be training 2 ppl to do 3d AutoCAD and Blender over the next three months. So they will be using the computers.

sorry again if i posted it in wrong place, but im not sure if blender needs more juice or acad...but i think acad does...whattaya think?

cara-rj
01-26-2006, 01:59 PM
I think you have pretty good computers to run Blender.
Just make sure that the graphics card have good OpenGL support, because Blender relys on OpenGL to generate its UI.

OBS:
I'm running Blender without problems on a AthlonXP1700 (1.4GHz), 384MB, Nvidia FX5200 and WinXP SP1.

TroutMaskReplica
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
this is a duplicate of a thread farther down the page, with useful replies.

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.