PDA

View Full Version : Nene's Hardsuit

Confracto
01-25-2006, 12:33 AM
this is a work in progress for the mini-comp over at cgchat.
just wanting to show it off, and get some c&c. cheers.
ref can be found here (http://images.google.ca/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=nene%27s+hardsuit&btnG=Search)
http://www.rbsstech.com/confracto/posted/nene-wip07.jpg

KazuyaMochu
01-25-2006, 01:06 AM
ahahah A pixelart texture!! awsome!!!

nice to see people go oldschool! :D

still, someone will come and say: "hey, just slap a normal map there!"

Kazuya Mochu

Cromo
01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
you should just slap a normal map on it, lol, just kidding, looking awesome, cant wait to see this cutie finished.

(;) Jody, we must have posted at the same time.)

GoK
01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
hey, just slap a normal map there!... ;) this is great man keep it up!

Jody

MrDev
01-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Maybe its just me, but I would have picked priss...

Nah just messing man, great work especialy with the helmate, The 4 bit texture does a great job

Confracto
01-25-2006, 02:57 AM
actually, I picked Nene, cuz EVERYONE does priss, and I'm sick of it. If I do decided to do all 4, I'm doing her last.
actually, a normal map on something this low would add a lot, and make all the horrible shading go away...

Toxic Frog
01-25-2006, 06:33 AM
I like the pixelated look - very nice.
Excellent choice of style - thumbs up!

KazuyaMochu
01-25-2006, 11:51 AM
"actually, a normal map on something this low would add a lot"

I'll have to disagree. Normal maps would just show HOW LOW poly your model is. in a situation like this, the best is to have light baked on the texture, and keep the model at 100% lightness. and just vary the ambient light.

the normal maps work well in higher polycounts, cause you wont be notice the texture braking thought the edges. but still, if you wanna try it, knock your self out. No I meen it! Knock your self out, with a stick or something! and when you wake up say to your self "that's what you get for trying to put normal maps in such lowpoly cool work"

Kaz

Confracto
01-25-2006, 06:57 PM
....ouch...that hurt! well, that's what I get for following your advice :P
well, anyways, I'll take you're word for it. Though, I'm gonna test normal mapping out later, just to see what I can make.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 06:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.