PDA

View Full Version : Maya API for PLE?

Dravalen
01-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Is there a version of the Maya API available for the PLE? I'd really like to give the Maya API a try but I'd rather not shell out for the cost of Maya Complete.

ThE_JacO
01-25-2006, 01:36 AM
the reason why full-featured learning editions of XSI mod tool, Maya PLE and HDN apprentice, have limits to their APIs is quite simple; if they offered a full access to it you could easily write your own output plugins and use the PLE versions like if they were full commercial ones.

maya PLE + working liquid = free 3D seat for almost everybody in a film pipeline.

I'd be surprised if there was a way to access the full fledged APIs and SDK in these applications without shelling out any cash.

you can always contact Alias and ask for an evaluation license of Maya for 1 to 3 months though, if you have a decent CV they are usually happy to get new potential customers or workforce learning their app.

Per-Anders
01-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Well, C4D comes with a full SDK and API. You can even build and compile exporter plugins... the only problem is all IO has been restricted internally so just they wont do anything in the Demo (though your plugin that was compiled ith the demo SDK can be installed on a licensed seat and will work just fine). Every other function will work in the Demo though, so it's not crippled for learning/exploring the SDK and API, or even developing full plugins (you get free SDK support too, even with the demo version) that you can then sell if you so wish.

Anyhow back to the original poster. Nope you're out of luck there, sorry.

Dravalen
01-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Ah well thanks for the replies, I might try contacting them for an evaluation liscense.

mummey
01-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Ah well thanks for the replies, I might try contacting them for an evaluation liscense.

The education "student" version is around $200+US. I would look into this as an option as long as its for personal interest.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 01:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.