PDA

View Full Version : How do I control brush size with the Intuos 3 Touch strip in CS2??!

Gremlin
01-24-2006, 11:43 PM
It's listed as one of the features of the tablet, but I can't figure out how to do it--how do I make the touch strip control the brush size in photoshop CS2??! :argh:

Gremlin
01-24-2006, 11:47 PM
I can link it to the hotkeys [ and ]...but that still increases it by 10 pixels each time; I saw a video of someone using it, and it was smooth and going up per pixel.

is it my Windows XP x64 ?

Datameister
01-25-2006, 02:57 AM
I don't think there's any way to use a smaller interval. Perhaps your canvas is too small? Using a larger image will effectively reduce the interval, since 10 pixels will account for less space on your canvas.

Are you positive that the brush in the video was actually changing size pixel by pixel? Or did it just look that way?

On a side note--there really isn't much need for controlling the size on a pixel-by-pixel level. You can achieve plenty of control with the increments dictated by [ and ], and you can always link pressure to brush size if you want that added degree of control.

Gremlin
01-25-2006, 03:07 AM
well,
it looked pretty smooth--I think it was Goro or someone demonstrating something on the Sketch of the Week forums; not entirely sure, but 10px jumps are still decently jittery--when it gets past 10 it goes by 1 px and is smooth... wish I could juse make it 1 px the whole time.

I'll look to see if I can change that.... I guess the hot keys are as good as it gets, I thought when Wacom advertised it (profusely I might add) that you could use it to change brush size, I thought it'd have a built in feature to do it in the options.

Datameister
01-25-2006, 06:59 AM
If the image is large (and zoomed out), 10-pixel increments will look smooth because 10 actual pixels are only taking up, say, 3 or 4 when you're zoomed out. Also, if the video was sped up as many are, it would be hard to judge.

I think you'll find that the 10px increments offer enough control. I personally still haven't gotten over the thrill of controlling brush size so quickly and intuitively--without using numbers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 06:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.