PDA

View Full Version : Disney/Pixar CEO(s) confirm that the Pixar name is staying.

Pollo
01-24-2006, 09:30 PM
The CEO or Pixar (or former?) confirmed, with the Disney CEO by his side, that the Pixar name would remain, during an interview with both on CNBC at around 5:25pm Eastern Time.

I think this is some good news, as I don't think the "blob" of Disney will overtake Pixar!

Edit:
Don't mean to use "blob" in a negative way, just referring to their multiple outlets.

fabman
01-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Well, that's the only nice thing I can find in the news about Disney buying Pixar....

Pollo
01-24-2006, 11:27 PM

Have no fear, the head guy at Pixar (Lasetor, sp?) is still head of the animation department :)

fabman
01-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Nice to hear that, but will the creative department from Pixar be in charge of the ideas for new movies?, or as I'm afraid, will be the Disney ones?.

Pollo
01-25-2006, 12:00 AM
The CEO of Disney said he was thinking Pixar would "revive" Disney's ideas. Basically, from the overall interview, the CEO of Disney was passively admitting that Disney is lacking in ideas, entertainment (media wise), and that Pixar was hopefully going to fix that :)

seven6ty
01-25-2006, 12:39 AM
David Stainton, from Disney, is stepping down to let Ed Catmull and Lasseter take over, over at Disney. Just got an email about it not long ago, which has Iger and Cook's email addy's on it, woo hoo.

rblitz7
01-25-2006, 12:44 AM
How crazy would it be to be one of these head guys!! What a job eh?

MartyMcFly
01-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Yup, Lasseter is head of ALL feature animation. Ed Catmull is now President of Animation and Jobs is largest shareholder and Board Member. Those guys are helping Disney get back on track. It seems like everything at Pixar is staying the same. Iger mentioned that the formula at Pixar is working, and that it's something Disney is in need of. With John, Ed, and Jobs in the Top positions, and Iger and Cook on board....it seems like Pixar is going to keep on the same track that they have been on. Seems like everyone wins. Oh, and now Lasseter could make a Toy Story 3 that would actually be good. Even though Disney bought Pixar...it looks like Pixar taking over Disney,....well I guess they are just one big happy family.

pixelranger
01-25-2006, 07:37 AM
I sincerely hope that Pixar manages to keep their artistic integrity and that this will benefit both companies. Hopefully, and it seams like it, Disney acknowlegdes the capasities of Pixar and that this will not ruin Pixar, but rather save Disney. All the best to both of them!!! :thumbsup:

BigErn
01-25-2006, 09:32 AM
It was pretty obvious that Disney was going to use Pixar ( the name) and the talent to try and revive its flagging image. Good on them, hopefully we just get more good films for a change! Instead of having to slag them all off on here :rolleyes: As if we all could do much better, if only we could be bothered etc etc.....

Fathom
01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
This is so lame! Doesn;t Disney own enough of everything? Lordy, now we're going to have every freaking pixar property dusted off and pimped to teeny's via sub-quality video sequels by the dozen.
Wonderful.

UrbanFuturistic
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
This is so lame! Doesn;t Disney own enough of everything? Lordy, now we're going to have every freaking pixar property dusted off and pimped to teeny's via sub-quality video sequels by the dozen.
Wonderful.*thwip* *thwip* *thwip* *thwip*

*thwip**thwip**thwip*

*thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip*

*reload*

*thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip**thwip*

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.