PDA

View Full Version : EXPOSÉ 4 - Call for Entries - Close 27 Feb

Leonard
01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose4/callforentries/images/feature_main.jpg (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose4/)

Hi all,

A reminder that Submissions to EXPOSÉ 4 will close on Monday 27th February 2006.

Please do consider submitting your works for EXPOSÉ 4. Proceeds from the books keep CGSociety and CGTalk alive.

Ballistic Publishing - EXPOSÉ4 Call for Entries
Ballistic Publishing is proud to announce EXPOSÉ 4, the fourth annual book celebrating the creative talents of digital artists worldwide. EXPOSÉ is the digital art industry’s premier publication, featuring the finest digital artwork the world has ever seen. The EXPOSÉ 4 Awards will honor the highest artistic achievement in a diverse range of categories and styles. We are now calling artists to submit digital images for consideration in EXPOSÉ 4. Images can be created in any 3D or digital illustration application. Digitally manipulated photography is also welcome. We are interested in digitally-created fine art, whether it be 2D or 3D, for commercial use, or personal satisfaction.

Full details, FAQ, artist benefits, etc. are found here (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose4/)

Advisory Board
This year's advisory board consists of some of the most renowned people in the CG industry worldwide:

Chris Sloan Art Director, National Geographic Magazine
Lorne Lanning President/ Creative Dir. Oddworld Inhabitants
Dan Curry VFX Producer/ Supervisor, Star Trek: Enterprise
Jeff Mottle President, CGarchitect.com
Jinko Gotoh Associate Producer, Finding Nemo
Linda Bergkvist Renowned digital artist
Mu Chunxi 2D artist/graphic designer for Tencent Computer Systems
Chen-Yi Chang Story Artist/Character Designer at Disney Feature
EXPOSE' 4 Awards
EXPOSÉ 3 saw a record-breaking number of entries with existing categories overflowing with great quality work. We expect EXPOSÉ 4 to exceed our expectations for quantity and quality of artwork. The EXPOSÉ 4 Awards will showcase the best digital art from around the world.

Categories include:
Character in Repose
Character in Action
Creature in Repose
Architectural Exterior
Architectural Interior
Abstract & Design
Product Design
Environment
Cityscapes
Transport
Fantasy
Humorous
Surreal
EXPOSE' SUBMISSION
EXPOSE Submission Site (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose4/awards/)

Previous EXPOSE' Books
- EXPOSE' 3 (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose3/index.php)
- EXPOSE' 2 (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose2/)
- EXPOSE' 1 (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose1/)

NOOB!
01-24-2006, 07:52 PM
damn only a month left

*gets to work*

Malanjo
01-24-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm rendering my first image...:)...i started 2 days ago..only with one machine...:(...but they will be ready before the entries deadline...:)

Good luck for everybody...:)...and thanks to Ballistic Publishing and CG Society ... this books are a great oportunity to show our digital art..:)..and a good way to have all the best digital art organized...:)

Cya...:buttrock:

JHarford
01-25-2006, 12:03 AM
I have 2 projects in the works for this, Look forward to buying it either way. Just recieved dártiste character modeling, and it's fantastic.

Djenx
01-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Expose'4 !! already!! i've got to get to work :D

beelow
01-25-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm on it leo thanx for the announcment!;)

JonM
01-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Hope I finish in time, it would be my dream to make it in :)

Gremlin
01-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Looks like I bought my new workstation just in time...

I'm working on my demo reel, so I'm thinkin' I'll submit one of my characters for Exposé review--would rock to land a spot in the book; good luck to everybody!

Regards,
Gremlin

MrPositive
01-25-2006, 02:11 AM
I have the expose 3 book and let me say that this book alone has sparked more conversations than any other book I've ever owned. Seriously. The print and colors are gorgeous and the art is so varied that it seems to please everyone who checks it out. Count me in. :)

cesarmontero
01-25-2006, 04:24 AM
One year ago, I dreamt about getting into this book when I first started CG.
It was such a nice impression to see so much talent in a single book.

Since then, I knew that my quality had to be to the level to make my dream true.
It has been a very busy year, and now is my turn to participate and see if I can make it in.
Allready arranging the files to submit :)

viiltaja
01-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Mayby I get some of my work in somewhere around Exposé 900 :p

allenweis
01-25-2006, 12:17 PM
where is the robotic&cyborg??

cgnetworks_le
01-25-2006, 03:05 PM
I had my Architecture of Color and Identity in to compete in the Product Design category. Also, I am trying to get myself some spare times to have another one to submit in time for this book. Hope time doesnt run out too fast for me.

I have the Expose 2 and 3. No words can really describe how superb they are.

snowkiwi
01-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, because you asked Leonard. I'll try to get a piece in.

MauF
01-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Man, time really flies... I wish there was a little more time... but oh well this just means I gotta work harder now :arteest:

Dija
01-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Ok I´ll try to submit to Exposé 4. Althought I´m sure I won´t make it like I did with Exposé 3.

Malanjo
01-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I had my Architecture of Color and Identity in to compete in the Product Design category.

I love that image..=)...special the colors..=)...:bounce:

I submited a work to Product Design category too ("Stamps of the Past")...=)..let's see if i can enter in the book..=)..I hope so..=) .. 4 Days for the render!! o_O...but, the upload is done..=)..next stage: finish the project 2 and try to do the project 3..=) ...one moth left..but...time is always short...

Cya...:buttrock:

thistly
01-29-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm gonna be brave and submit something (or somethings).
Even if my stuff isn't the quality or type of work they're after, it'll be neat that these judges, namely Linda Bergkvist and Lorne Lanning (my heroes! I am suuuuuch a huge fan of furiae and abe's oddysee/exoddus) might look at my humble stuff.
Gah, what a fangirl :p

I have a couple images I've been meaning to tidy up/refine/revise for a while now, this has inspired me to get off my ass and finally do it :D

...These Expose books do wonders for productivity/motivation :)

Diegoth
01-31-2006, 04:33 AM
Is there any limite date to submit works? Because I was searching in the submission page and didn't find any information. By the way, can someone explain me how to submit an avatar? I tried several times and it said something like the file is too big. Thank you, greetings everyone.

JJASSO
01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
hey leonard how you doing.? I'm having a lot of troubles trying to access the ballistic web page, I can't even reach out the submit page it crashes, hope you can give me an email so I contact anybody to recieve my images for expose 4, because the official email that I used to have for expose is not longer online , I lost my contacts there :surprised thanks leonard is good to say hi again

HorrorShow
02-01-2006, 03:56 PM
are milestones(steps of wip) required?
the guidelines are bit vague except on that it must be finished by X day.

4 days till new motherboard arrives and then...never question "what's the worst that could happen?"

Project Strip Search
02-14-2006, 02:44 AM
I submitted a 2D abstract design...got nothing to lose. It's called Eloquency, and if you want to look for it, my last name is in the "Go" category.

Blaaahhrrrgh.

Devvv
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Not sure if anyone posted this yet...but does anyone know the name of the artist who painted the elf picture on the first page? It's so beautiful... :D

Tigaer
02-19-2006, 09:48 PM
already submitted a few pieces :) i love the work of ballistic and would love to be a part of it. keep up the good work!

Stefan-Morrell
02-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Not sure if anyone posted this yet...but does anyone know the name of the artist who painted the elf picture on the first page? It's so beautiful... :D

there's an artists credit at the bottom of the picture.'Cho Kyoung-min'

good luck to all,I was looking at the entries recently & must say there's some quality images being submited

unwrap
02-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Darn, my nine hour render just failed. Got to do it again :banghead: .

Malanjo
02-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Darn, my nine hour render just failed. Got to do it again :banghead: .

If you're a 3DsMax user, check this out...=) :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=5582404&linkID=5573345&siteID=123112

I used this process for my large render, and it worked very well ...=)

pradipta
02-25-2006, 02:02 PM
is the deadine of Monday February 27th 2006 based on GMT timezone? can anybody help on this. thanks

martinrebas
02-25-2006, 10:24 PM
is the deadine of Monday February 27th 2006 based on GMT timezone? can anybody help on this. thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. Also: whether the deadline is between Sunday/Monday or between Monday/Tuesday. I'm trying to finish a painting and an extra day would help a lot.

/M

Stefan-Morrell
02-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Martin,from the submission page:
Deadline for Entries (check carefully)

* Artwork to be considered for EXPOSÉ 4 needs to be submitted before Monday February 27th 2006, Midnight GMT

martinrebas
02-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Martin,from the submission page:
Deadline for Entries (check carefully)

* Artwork to be considered for EXPOSÉ 4 needs to be submitted before Monday February 27th 2006, Midnight GMT

I take that to mean that I'd be able to paint on Monday too, if needed? On the Call For Entries page it just says "Artwork to be considered for EXPOSÉ 4 needs to be submitted before 27th February 2006", which made me unsure of when exactly the deadline was.

EVIL
02-26-2006, 02:04 AM
as I read it its sunday untill midnight .. altho a monday would sure help alot :P

/me pray's

cesarmontero
02-26-2006, 05:48 AM
I have tried to submit several times a 125 megabyte zip file containing the image.tif file.
Whenever I check put my submissions, it doesn't appears even after checking out 15 minutes later. Can anyone help me out with this?

The image is 10,000x6667, and I really need that size to show all the detail.
Is there a file size limit? Or what is going on with that error?

It is my best piece...

Stefan-Morrell
02-26-2006, 06:24 AM
I take that to mean that I'd be able to paint on Monday too, if needed? On the Call For Entries page it just says "Artwork to be considered for EXPOSÉ 4 needs to be submitted before 27th February 2006", which made me unsure of when exactly the deadline was.

hmm..I think your right,the 27th is Tuesday

there's also the chance of a bottleneck at the last minute so don't leave it to late.

Cesar Montero..you should be able to tell if the upload works with whatever your using for FTP,if you can see the file sitting in the folder then it should have worked,

this from ballistics troubleshooting page might help:

Troubleshooting

I can connect to the FTP server but uploads don't work!
This is a common problem, especially if you are behind a firewall or router. Try using the "Passive FTP" option in your FTP client, instead of the usual default of "Active FTP". While you're there, make sure you're using "Binary" transfer mode, not "ASCII".

--------------

I clicked the upload link, but now all I get is a blank page.
That "blank page" is the empty spot where your ZIP file is supposed to go. Try just dragging the ZIP file onto the "blank page" and it might upload it, depending on your browser's support for FTP uploads.
Otherwise, you'll have to find a dedicated FTP client. On the PC, there are many clients (http://download.com.com/3150-2160-0.html?tag=stbc.gp) around. On the Mac, "Fetch (http://fetchsoftworks.com/)" is popular.

--------------

My image colours are all wrong / The image is stretched weird
This is normally caused when you upload a TIFF file that has more than the three required channels. We need R[ed], G[reen], and B[lue]. Make sure you strip out any other channels, don't include alpha channels for instance.

--------------

My image is under "Edit Entries" but I can't see it in the All Entires section
Before your image appears in the "All Entries" section, you have to Confirm it in the Edit Entries area. The final confirmation is to ensure that your upload worked and you are happy with it.

--------------

PaulHellard
02-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Hi guys,

It takes some minutes for the automated system to recognise and display any recently FTP-ed image. If your work doesn't show up immediately, don't panic. Log back in after an hour or so and check to confirm.

Clearly there is a maximum number of images that can upload at once and this bottleneck is expected in a publication so popular. Don't give up.

BTW, the calibre of the work so far is great!

cesarmontero
02-26-2006, 07:02 AM
The file is inside the FTP and marks the accurrate size.
So, I know the transfer was made accurrately.
It is at "Edit Entries" that I can't see the thumbnail of the pic.
Perhaps it has something to do with file size, since my other submissions did got in.

Since I have to be able to see the thumbnail to confirm, I'm worried

Another question:

Can the work be done by two people?
I textured/render a car that a friend modelled.
Can such work be submitted and give credit to both?:love:

nitindesign
02-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Cesar Montero why don't you make it slightly smaller and then see what happens...10,000 pixel wide seems a lot. If you make it slightly smaller then atleast you will have it uploaded. After that if you really want you can try uploading the original one ;-P

PaulHellard
02-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Hi Cesar,

Nitin's advice is good. (/me *waves @ Nitin*).

Also, of course you can have a couple of people working on the same piece, as long as you tell me who they are, they will also have separate entries in the Index as well. Keep me informed and clearly state the details in the description field.

More importantly, EMAIL me with any changes, mods to details etc.

Paul

cesarmontero
02-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the support guys!
I know I should have sent the images before to give Ballistic less headaches.
I'll keep uploading my work, and hope one is selected.:love:

martinrebas
02-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Will someone who knows PLEASE tell me when the deadline is? I interpret "Artwork to be considered for EXPOSÉ 4 needs to be submitted before Monday February 27th 2006, Midnight GMT" as the deadline being the night between Monday and Tuesday, but one page says "Artwork needs to be submitted before [Monday]", and EVIL wrote "as I read it its sunday untill midnight".

Dutchman
02-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Will someone who knows PLEASE tell me when the deadline is? I interpret "Artwork to be considered for EXPOSÉ 4 needs to be submitted before Monday February 27th 2006, Midnight GMT" as the deadline being the night between Monday and Tuesday, but one page says "Artwork needs to be submitted before [Monday]", and EVIL wrote "as I read it its sunday untill midnight".Yep, I totally agree... It's quite confusing to not know if we have 24 houres less than 'planned'! :scream: Maybe a countdown clock (like in the CG-Challenges) wouldn't be a bad idea? :twisted:

EVIL
02-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Will someone who knows PLEASE tell me when the deadline is? I interpret "Artwork to be considered for EXPOSÉ 4 needs to be submitted before Monday February 27th 2006, Midnight GMT" as the deadline being the night between Monday and Tuesday, but one page says "Artwork needs to be submitted before [Monday]", and EVIL wrote "as I read it its sunday untill midnight".
yup, This is really confusing .. I wont make it if its submission is tonight, .. so i'l hope i read it wrong, and its actually till the end of monday @ midnight gmt

paperclip
02-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Um, I have a bit of a problem. I submitted a work, but made a lot of changes since then. I submitted the new version and it says that the image hasn't been uploaded, even though it's there in the ftp window.

Is this normal? What do I do?

pradipta
02-26-2006, 05:50 PM
i wish if i had another week for the submission to Expose 4. i know this is simply not possible

EVIL
02-26-2006, 10:06 PM
A counter for such stuff would be grand

lxdengar
02-26-2006, 10:07 PM
I also would REALLY appreciate some clarity of the deadline. Anyone? Hello?

Thanks!

nitindesign
02-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Lot of people must be uploading as I got e-mail confirmation 3 hours after uploading the images :thumbsup:

Jhotun
02-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Another confused one here...
Am I on time or i lost the chance to enter?

Thanks!

PaulHellard
02-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Good day people,

Here is the clarification of the Deadline. Because there is such a crowd right now, the submission system will be staying open at least until Midnight (End) of Tuesday 28th February GMT.

I repeat, All suggested times are GMT.

Work those renderers!

kynu
02-27-2006, 04:18 AM
Thank you so much!

pradipta
02-27-2006, 05:57 AM
thanks a lot

Jhotun
02-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Wonderful :) Thanks a lot!

chx
02-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Hello,
damn damn damn, I uploaded my work about 9 hours ago, does the zip file have to have a special name ? It was so late yesterday i could have missed something. After nine hours, no mail, image not present on the edit entries, though the zip file is on the account the site created me.

thanks for the help

edit, ok image is now accepted, phew, thank you!

beelow
02-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Cool to know, hehe time to get painting!;)

martinrebas
02-27-2006, 10:13 AM
the submission system will be staying open at least until Midnight (End) of Tuesday 28th February GMT.

Great! That will make a lot of difference for me.

Dutchman
02-27-2006, 10:48 AM
That's very nice, Paul! :cool: 3 times huray for the Ballistic crew! :applause:

Those 48 extra houres will make the difference between happy and unhappy! :D

EVIL
02-27-2006, 02:06 PM
/me thanks the gods :P .. superb, now getting back to work, got a nice painting to finish!

thnx alot!

paperclip
02-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, when do the people who get in find out?

cesarmontero
02-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, when do the people who get in find out?

hehe, with 15 images of that calibre you will probably get in..hehe.

But well, I hope to get in too.:love:
I think I saw the answer for the question around (or was it on a CG dream?).
Anyway, would be nice to know the answer to the question :D

drDiman
02-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi. I many try for uploading file to server, upload successfully, but i no see pic in Edit Entries. And no any e-mails. I upload tif image (3636x2250 pix., RGB, no lzw compression) in a zip file. What wrong? Help, please.

lxdengar
02-27-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm in the same boat. Zip was up by 6:30 PM GMT, but still no confirmation (or error) mail, and its 11:30 PM GMT. I'd give it a bit, and see what happens.

Mike

paperclip
02-27-2006, 10:36 PM
hehe, with 15 images of that calibre you will probably get in..hehe.

But well, I hope to get in too.:love:
I think I saw the answer for the question around (or was it on a CG dream?).
Anyway, would be nice to know the answer to the question :D

Hell, no, I'm not in it to..get in. I actually put this in for a bet with a friend. :blush:

cesarmontero
02-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi. I many try for uploading file to server, upload successfully, but i no see pic in Edit Entries. And no any e-mails. I upload tif image (3636x2250 pix., RGB, no lzw compression) in a zip file. What wrong? Help, please.

It happened the same for all my entries.
If the server is not busy, it takes 15 minutes as said.
On busy times as last night, it took 7 hours.
If you don't get an error message, everything is going ok.
However, i would recommend using the link on the bottom telling the situation.
That, or wait here for a Ballistic representative to help you out.

This delayed is probably caused due to the fact that all entries are lined up and wait for the server to be processed. So probably your entry is at the end of the line, waiting for the server to say "errr...yeah, it is allright, so ok...good zip, tif inside, just one file, ok ok...make thumbnail...send mail". Some images are 40 megs, or even 120 megs as one I sent, and the server needs to check them all out!

cLos71
02-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I almost don't make it. :argh: I just got my confirmation. Phew...

drDiman
02-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Thank you, Cesar.

PaulHellard
02-28-2006, 09:06 AM
I hope all you guys (and ladies) are now sitting back, chilling out with a beverage, having submitted already. As I've said, if you havent had your confirmation email as yet, this is because our server is chugging through all the entries; and there's a lot of you. You will receive your email one way or another, quite soon.

Good luck all of you.

pradipta
02-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Good day people,

Here is the clarification of the Deadline. Because there is such a crowd right now, the submission system will be staying open at least until Midnight (End) of Tuesday 28th February GMT.

I repeat, All suggested times are GMT.

Work those renderers!

i have some more time left for work to upload and get the confirmation. still few hours left. i hope server will accept the work and also process it properly.

JJASSO
02-28-2006, 05:41 PM
this is frustrating, I could not upload my best work , at ballistic nobody seemed to concern about it , and I guess is not just me , a lot of people could not upload artwork. you guys should pay attention to this for next expose, eventhoug in this same post I complain about this like 2 weeks ago I never got an aswer or help

Leonard
02-28-2006, 08:34 PM
this is frustrating, I could not upload my best work , at ballistic nobody seemed to concern about it , and I guess is not just me , a lot of people could not upload artwork. you guys should pay attention to this for next expose, eventhoug in this same post I complain about this like 2 weeks ago I never got an aswer or help

Sorry Jaime, but I don't think that's very fair judgement on us. We've been supporting hundreds of artists and answering queries all through the submissions timeframe and continue to be getting enquiries and answering them to the best we can.

It isn't fair to write a post here on CGTalk addressed to me personally, and expect me to answer it publicly giving you personal support on uploading an image. It is not my place to give support on submitting images to EXPOSÉ as there are preferred and official methods of getting support such as writing directly to Ballistic Publishing at info@ballisticpublishing.com. For the record, I personally don't even touch or see the entries until the book is ready to go to press.

We've received thousands of entries and it seems that most people were either able to upload their works, or if they had problems, they emailed in for support, and got responses in a timely manner. Next time I will make it excrutiatingly clear not to expect support on the CGTalk thread because the Ballistic people handling the entries generally do not keep track of the enquiries here due to the amount of 'noise' on the forum.

I'm sorry you had so much trouble, but in defense to our position, I think that there were many ways that you could have gotten support.

Leonard

JJASSO
02-28-2006, 09:06 PM
thanks for your reply leo , and my judgment was because as you said . I spent the official methods first like writting to info@ballisticpublishing.com and just once I recieved answer, after that they did not understand my doubts, I reply to that mail and never got an answer again. maybe that's why at last moment I tried to get help trough here or even through other persons
get you upset was the last thing I wanted , I know you guys are busy , but understand our side too. thanks

andrecaetano
02-28-2006, 10:12 PM
i also had problems submitting my artowork but the next day(27th) was there.
Well i should seen this thread one more time, i would have more time :/.

Does anyone knows when the results come out?

Stefan-Morrell
02-28-2006, 11:29 PM
I thought I might sneak in another entrie last night,but after 8 hours I still haven't received a confirmation email
do the confirmations end at midnight too ? (a half hour ago)

good luck to everyone

PaulHellard
03-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi Stefan,

Direct answer. No they don't. The question was 'do the confirmations end at midnight too?' The Ballistic guys are chugging through the entries, as they arrive through the server. Just be patient. Confirmations will be sent automatically from the server when it gets to your image, and that may be hours or minutes away.

Good luck.

Stefan-Morrell
03-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Paul
I got my confirmation a couple hours ago :)

thanks ..& good luck wading through all those amazing entries

dthoward64
03-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't think anyone answered the question posted a few postings back. When do we find out if we're in or not? I can understand it won't be anytime soon considering the number of entries, but it would be nice to have a ballpark answer. That way if we haven't heard anything by that date we can assume that we didn't make it and move on to other things.

David

PaulHellard
03-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi dthoward64, and all EXPOSÉ 4 submitters,

For the record, this is the procedure. After the submission period has expired, like NOW, the judging begins. As for the design/layout of the EXPOSÉ 4 book, there are always movements of images into, out of, and around pages, designs, and many, many reasons why images are settled in particular spots, or not. By far the most common reason why an image is NOT published, is space. We had around 5,300 entries. We publish about 220.

I'm not going to put a solid date to it, (as this is hard work), but as soon as the final design of the book is produced, around the end of March, I will email a PDF of the spread to each artist, on which their piece will appear. This is to confirm the caption, mailing info, and general appearance of the art on the page. Most important, reply ASAP!

Please note: If you do not receive an email from me, with a PDF attached, then you can make the assumption that on this occasion, your piece was not accepted. If you have, congratulations. So, the answer is, late March.

Hope this clarifies.
Paul Hellard
Assistant Editor - Books, Ballistic Publishing

Purc
03-04-2006, 01:22 AM
holy cow ! 220 out of 5300 !

paperclip
03-04-2006, 01:52 AM
holy cow ! 220 out of 5300 !

Quoted for agreement!

I guess I won't be seeing any of my stuff published till June...2035!

Which is fine, as I really didn't expect it in anyway, but I had no idea there would be so many submissions!

I pity for the judges, having to choose out of all these...wow..

Tzrnutt
03-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow, that is alot to sift though. I'll wait untill theres an announcement on here to say all entries have been chosen before I fully hang my head in shame at not getting in there.

dthoward64
03-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Well that answers that. So if I don't hear anything after 3/31/06 I can assume I didn't get in. Oh well.

David

PaulHellard
03-20-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi all,

I have just emailed out the notes to those whose work was chosen for POSSIBLE inclusion in EXPOSÉ 4. This corrects and prepares captions and index entries, should the piece be selected later. We now go on to lay out the book.

If you havent checked your mail, go do it now. Just in case.

PaulHellard
03-24-2006, 01:08 PM
OK

Now all the PDFs have been sent. On behalf of all the Ballistic team, thank you to every entrant for being a part of the massive project that binds together to become EXPOSÉ 4. Truely, we are on our way to presenting a totally spectacular book.

If you have received a PDF with your image, congratulations, well done and please reply to me ASAP with any changes to details. If you havent received a PDF, perhaps you made the shortlist. Thats not bad going either.

See your work for future publications, yes? Concept Art anyone?

go to http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/dartiste_concept_art/

paperclip
03-28-2006, 07:38 AM
I'd just like to say a big CONGRATS to all the recipients of these PDFs! Congrats on getting your work published- never an easy thing!

As for myself...maybe in 10 years time, hey!

chx
03-28-2006, 01:52 PM
damn only made shortlist, no pdf :( congrats to everyone

_david
03-28-2006, 04:56 PM
hi there,
firt - of course - congrats to those who made it!
because i didnt make it, i just wanted to ask one question, everyone seems to know the answere to. so sorry, if it sounds stupid...

as mentioned above by hmedia:
"...If you havent received a PDF, perhaps you made the shortlist..."

what is that "shortlist"?

thanks, kind regards,
david

AndyH
03-28-2006, 05:02 PM
OK

Now all the PDFs have been sent.

:cry:

I guess i didnt get in again!

Must try harder.....

chx
03-28-2006, 05:17 PM
shortlist means your image made it to the last round of qualification. damn i'm all sad, first try went to shortlist, well maybe next year :)

Dija
03-28-2006, 05:44 PM
:cry:

I guess i didnt get in again!

Must try harder.....

Yep me too! You see, I must try harder to get an "award winner", even thought I made inte Exposé3. You must try harder to the oposite! By the way, impressive characters!

umbrellasky
03-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Congrats to everyone who's work was accepted! :D

:( My work got to the shortlist too but didn't quite get into the book. ohh well haha I didn't really expect to get anything in, just thought I'd give it a try. I still have much to learn!

paperclip
03-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Mine didn't even get to shortlist. Aw! (they'd email you, right?)

Must...improve...art...

angel
03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
I made it one step closer this time, maybe in the next one. Congrats to all that made it I'm sure it's going to be a killer book.

Tzrnutt
03-29-2006, 08:32 AM
I didn't even make the shortlist. :sad:

Well done to all those who did. :thumbsup:

Phoenix4
03-31-2006, 12:38 AM
Congrats to all that made it into the Book!!! :thumbsup:

For the 1st time, I made it into the shortlist too.

I wonder how many there were in the shortlist?

A.

dthoward64
04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Well s**t. I guess I didn't make the short list either. But then I didn't even get any email telling me that there were postings after mine on this topic. And I thought I had subscribed to this thread. Would be nice to know why I didn't make it. I know that isn't possible with the amount of entries, but still...

David

allenweis
04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
i didn't receive any email too. :blush: well.. maybe next time.

Stefan-Morrell
04-06-2006, 01:40 PM
i didn't receive any email too. :blush: well.. maybe next time.

:eek: I would have put money on your 'Unpredictable Contact' images being included,
that's a shame..be sure to resubmit them next time

Leonard
04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
HI all,

Just an FYI, we'll be emailing everyone who entered EXPOSE 4 in the next two days.

1. Everyone who got in should have already been notified.
2. Everyone who DIDN'T get in will also be notified SOON.
3. Everyone who entered gets first dibs on purchasing EXPOSE 4, and discounts.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you WHITELIST emails from "@ballisticmedia.net" and "@cgsociety.org" if you have junk mail filters.

Many of you have spam filters that knock out our emails and we get complaints all the time saying "I never received any emails from you!" It's because your spam filter kills our emails! We can't even reply to some of you. Please whiltelist our domains so that we can send you information.

Thanks,

Leonard

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.