PDA

View Full Version : Max5 Animated Grass Using Scatter?

ook
12-01-2002, 07:15 PM
Heya all, just a quick question about scatter in Max5. I have been trying to use the "animation offset" fucntion but am getting no results.

According the help file:

Animation Offset—Lets you specify the number of frames by which each source object duplicate's animation is offset from the previous duplicate. You can use this feature to produce wave-type animation. At the default setting of 0, all duplicates move identically.

However, in practice I can't seem to get this to do anything at all. I am using an instanced cone with an animated bend modifier as my scattered object. When I attempt to offset the animation however it does nothing? In fact if I offset the animation past 2 all the scattered objects dissapear.

Thanks in advance,

ook

ook
12-01-2002, 07:58 PM
Ok solved this one by myself... apparently the order of operations is important for some reason.

You must animate your scattered object *before* scattering it. If you scatter then extract an instance of the scatter object and then add animation it does not work.

- ook

Nicool
12-11-2002, 05:25 PM
I've found a great tutorial to do it... But i don't remenber the adress. Just know it exist ;)

Nicool

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.