PDA

View Full Version : Penny Arcade vs. MIT: ROUND 1

RobertoOrtiz
01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Quote:
"Writer Jerry Holkins (aka 'Tycho') and artist Mike Krahulik (aka 'Gabe') spoke before a packed house of mostly-MIT students (and, uh, me) on Friday, September 16th, taking a wide-range of questions about the comic, its history, legal struggles, and their amazing Child's Play (http://www.penny-arcade.com/childsplaycharity/) charity. Along with the Q&A action, Gabe treated the crowd to a display of his drawing skillz, whipping off speedy sketches on an overhead projector as the crowd yelled out random requests.

I recorded the evening, and it took me freakin' forever to transcribe. So I do hope you dig it. I tried as best I could to translate their special brand of spoken wise-assery to the text, succeeding to various degrees. So enjoy..."

http://www.bradleysalmanac.com/2006/01/penny-arcade-vs-mit.htm

-R

erilaz
01-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Damn I love those guys... :D

Icarus
01-24-2006, 01:22 PM
hahah good read :D

heavyness
01-24-2006, 04:58 PM
they did the same thing at the Penny Arcade Expo 05. they had people in the audience yell out stuff and they actually drew monday's comic. pretty fun.

and yes, the PA guys rock. thanks for the text!

red_oddity
01-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Love those cartoons and articles, they're always spot on.
Also, Gabe has come a long way concerning his drawing skills :)

CIM
01-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Gotta love PA.

chrisbeaver
01-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Tycho: Yeah, we’re definitely into that. Oh, and the last thing is... when it is 6:30, could somebody tell me? Just shout it out...

(someone in the audience points to a very obvious clock on the wall above Tycho)

Gabe: Ah! Damn, you've invented everything here!

That's classic... :D

Thanks for the link!

psyop63b
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
From what I was able to read (without pouring over the ENTIRE transcript) I don't quite understand where the "VS" in the thread title comes into play. Did they lambast the school in some way during their appearance?

Annuostivix
01-27-2006, 01:01 AM
I think vs is just... playing. Audience vs entertainers. Having fun with the situation.

Doctor Nick
01-27-2006, 01:22 PM
I like their comic strip but how old are they? 15?

How is this news? it should be moved to General Discussion at best.

pogonip
01-28-2006, 05:50 AM
I love PA but I wish there comics were a little more edgy like they used to be . I mean they are to a degree still but I think they tone it down a bit now for fear of losing advertisers . Still the best gaming comic though :)

Peddy
01-28-2006, 08:05 AM
haha. way cool. yeah, about gabe's art, its always fun to read the latest comic, and then jump back to the first, and then one in the middle, and see how the art has evolved.

i reckon we could get either gabe or tycho from the comic, in about 50 comics (minimum) all in the same pose, and show the transition in 50 frames =D

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2006, 08:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.