PDA

View Full Version : brand new Vue5i+Lightwave new owner!!!

JuanManuel
01-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi everybody, after deliberating a whole lot, I finally got myself to buy the Vue5 infinite and lightwave bundle.
I have been through some tutorials at nevercenter, they have been quite helpful to get the grips on things. However, as I was using (and will still use until I get my version by mail) the trial version, there are things that I avoided or could not really dwell onto being unable to save work, edit atmospheres, etc.
Anyway, part of the reason for deciding to purchase it was the forum, everybody seems to be very helpful and friendly. So I wanted to say hi to everybody here and hopefully will be participating a lot in the forum. I am inspired by all the wonderful images I have seen produced by the users of this forum, and I hope one day to be able to do something like them.

mdunakin
01-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Well, it's good to have yu aboard! :)
Not sure what to say about your downloaded version that won't save though?
Can it be registered and all that?
If so, have you done that yet?
Cuz that should make it so it can do what you want to,
I think, unless I don't quite understand your situation?

Anyway, glad you are here and you will enjoy Vue a lot!

.......................md :)

mwalter1
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Welcome! For lots of tutorials on Vue, check out www.renderosity.com (http://www.renderosity.com). You need to register (free). There is a very active Vue forum.

JuanManuel
01-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Welcome! For lots of tutorials on Vue, check out www.renderosity.com (http://www.renderosity.com). You need to register (free). There is a very active Vue forum.

Thank you mwalter1, I am already a renderosity member, but true, I have not been in the Vue forum there. I will check it out.

Not sure what to say about your downloaded version that won't save though?
Can it be registered and all that?
If so, have you done that yet?
Cuz that should make it so it can do what you want to,
I think, unless I don't quite understand your situation?
mdunakin, I mean that I am using the trial version now, and was wondering what I can do to get ready for when my full licensed version arrives. I will see in the e-onsoftware site if I can unlock that trial version, or wait patiently for the mail to arrive! :bounce:

InfoCentral
01-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I guess I would unlock the trial version.

JuanManuel
01-24-2006, 05:47 PM
How can I unlock it? I did not find out in the knowledge base how to do it, I sent a message to technical support asking precisely that. Guess I will have to wait until I get word from technical support...

JuanManuel
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
OK, technical support got back to me, says the trial version cannot be unlocked, so I guess I will wait for the package to arrive. Meanwhile, off to learn!

mdunakin
01-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Ahhh..OK, that's good to know for when people ask about this in the future.
Thanx for getting back on that :)

But, they do ship pretty quickly and you should be
getting it probably by the end of this week or sooner.

Have fun with the demo in the meantime..............md :)

PentamiterBeast
01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
OK, technical support got back to me, says the trial version cannot be unlocked,

Ahem... That's not strictly true, it can be. but nevermind.

Yeah the version you get in the mail will come with both a vue serial and lw serial, you register it online using those, and you'll get a licence code back pretty damn quick. Stil waiting for my LW9 though, grrr.

JuanManuel
01-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Yay, I just checked with the tracking number thingy and my package is due to delivery today, tomorrow tops! :bounce::bounce:

Originally Posted by PentamiterBeast
Yeah the version you get in the mail will come with both a vue serial and lw serial, you register it online using those, and you'll get a licence code back pretty damn quick. Stil waiting for my LW9 though, grrr.

As I am an absolute beginner in Lightwave, I cannot say that I crave for the instant that Lightwaver9 ships, but from what I hear it will have some pretty neat thingies.
BTW, do you know if the buyers of the bundle of the vue+lighwave bundle also are entitled to the free lwcad plugin? It would be a match made in heaven!

mdunakin
01-26-2006, 05:15 PM
BTW, do you know if the buyers of the bundle of the vue+lighwave bundle also are entitled to the free lwcad plugin? It would be a match made in heaven!
Cool that you'll be getting your Vue real soon.
They DO ship fast, that's for sure :)

Anyway, YES, you will get the free LWCAD thingy, as I just installed mine last night.
I didn't get a chance to really look at it though after installation, as I had to get
to bed early and I have a doc appointment today, so I won't even get to
really check it out untill tomorrow :( LOL

So, you don't even need to wait to get it.
As soon as you get your Vue CDs, just go to this link and enter in the serial number
off that CD and where you bought the thing at, I assume NewTek, but where ever,
and then you get an activation code instantly emailed to you
and you also get to download the thing right then!
Way too coool!

Here's the link:
http://newtek.com/lightwave/newsletters/v3-n1/

Simple as that!
Best part is, for the rest of the people who think they need
to wait on their shipment of 9 that they pre-ordered, you don't.
And the plugin will work on versions of LW from 7.x and up!
So you can start using it right away, is what I mean if you already have LW.

So, there ya go!
Pretty cool, eh? :)

..............................................md :)

krimpr
01-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Congrats JuanManuel! Just so you know, you won't be able to "unlock" officially without the dongle that will be in your package. You need that in addition to your serial #. When you register with Newtek you can get your free LWCad. Have fun!

JuanManuel
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Thank you, krimpr and mdunakin, I just know I'll be sleeping late this weekend gobbling away vue and lightwave!

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.