PDA

View Full Version : After Effects 7 bundles - not available yet

monovich
01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Just talked to Adobe (I'm still on the phone with them). I asked them why my Adobe Video Bundle hasn't shipped yet even though the website says "3-5 days". I ordered mine the day AE 7 came out, so it's been a week or so now and it still hasn't shipped.

I taked with numerous adobe people, and all of the Video Bundles are backordered and nobody knows when they will be available, not even a guess. Grr.

I complained to a manager about the bait and switch, and they upgraded me to express shipping for free (I had to demand it). I couldn't really cancel the order out of spite because I need the software, but at least they did that.

I just wanted to FYI anyone else who may be considering ordering it.

I noticed just AE7 says "usually ships within 24 hours". Has anyone ordered it and recieved it yet? Or is that phony info,too?

-s

markdc
01-23-2006, 06:45 PM
You could probably use the demo until it ships. I don't know how limited it is though.

beaker
01-24-2006, 01:15 AM
You could probably use the demo until it ships. I don't know how limited it is though.If you click on the demo button it just asks you for your email and tells you that they will email you when it is availiable.

lasvideo
01-24-2006, 02:21 AM
PC - ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/aftereffects/win/7.x/After_Effects_7_0_Tryout.zip

Mac - ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/aftereffects/mac/7.x/AfterEffects_7_0_Tryout.dmg

markdc
01-24-2006, 02:23 AM
lasvideo beat me to it. They're listed on Adobe's forum, so I don't think there is a problem with posting the links.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@118.6S9kfnVOMcG.0@.3bbe290e

ehoch
01-24-2006, 02:33 PM
lasvideo, Thank you for posting the links for the tryout. That makes my day.

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2006, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.