PDA

View Full Version : head lock .. simple and effective? how

oneczech
01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi there, riggers ...

could you help me out with some very basic stuff to create a HEAD LOCK / switch for my skeleton. Really something simple that only serves to lock the head so I do not have to animate the head direction for every key .. you know, very common thing .. basically if you are familiar with Final Rig, same think they call Head Lock ... I need to live without this FR for some time until it is released for OSX .. not a rigger and so this stuff keeps me down ..

I have been trying to search for a tut where I could find something simple yet efective but ... if it does not bother you, please, could you either help me out by refering me to some site or, if the solution is just so simple, write it for me ...

thank you ..

ashishdantu
01-24-2006, 08:12 AM
hi oneczech,

i'd like to help:select ur head ctrl, group it and adjust the pivot to the center of the ctrl curve n name this grp > "head_Ctrl_Grp". create a locator, which is under the root or COG control.n u have to snap this locator to the head_ctrl and then lock its attributes in the channel box. this locator is like a locator oriented to world .... or if u have any specific orientation of ur head_ctrl, orient constraint the locator to ur head_ctrl, then delete the orient constraint on the locator.and locks it s attribs..

then, u can parent constraint ur head_Ctrl_Grp between ur neck ( or cud be shoulder ) and the locator, and then u create a "Head_Orient_Torso_World" kinda attribute and use this to SDK the weights of the parent constraint on ur head_Ctrl_Grp. the concept, is when this attribute is at zero,

neck_ctrl W0 > shoud be 1
locator W1 > shud be 0 ==> the head_ctrl will follow the neck's positions and rotations

and when the attribute is 1

neck_ctrl W0 > shoud be 0
locator W1 > shud be 1 ==> the head_ctrl will follow the locator's positions and rotations

and now, ur head_ctrl will follow along(b'se of its grp), n it is still free to be moved, rotated..

hope u get the idea.....

oneczech
01-24-2006, 01:56 PM
thank you very much. I got the idea and it works fine. Just as I need it ... again, thank you

seven6ty
01-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Lol, oh geez, for some reason I read your first line as a racial slur, and I was about to be all, heyyyy!

oneczech
01-24-2006, 04:00 PM
you mean the word RIGGERS???? hmm ... could be, but since my English is my second language, I cannot always stay up with the slang stuff .. just kinda took the word RIGGING and "converted it intuitively" into something that sounds like a person with the ER at the and .. you know:-))))))))))))))

.... if that is the case, what does that mean in slang??

john_homer
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
you mean the word RIGGERS???? hmm ... could be, but since my English is my second language, I cannot always stay up with the slang stuff .. just kinda took the word RIGGING and "converted it intuitively" into something that sounds like a person with the ER at the and .. you know:-))))))))))))))

.... if that is the case, what does that mean in slang??

haha,
you were right. all good with the english ;)
I think seven6ty just read the "r" as an "n"... which would have nothing to do with rigging.. and would not be the best way to start a thread...

.j

seven6ty
01-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Hahaha, yeah, sorry, just a funny mistake I made, but yup, no worries, your English was all good!

Marc-OlivierBouchard
01-25-2006, 09:43 PM
head lock .. simple and effective? how

http://www.mcminn.k12.tn.us/MCHS/indexstuff/headlock.gif

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 09:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.