PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop - weird.. problem

Xanthan Gum
01-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi all!! I have Ps CS and ive been using it for a while and I have a serious-weird problem:
When I try to use some of the shortcuts they usually work!! (like '[' ']' ..) but usefull shortcuts like Ctrl+z or Ctrl+x DONT WORK!!
I anyone knows the problem or can help, it would be appreciated!! =)
*(Ive tried reseting te shortcuts to 'default'..)

Thanks in advanced!! :thumbsup:

MeliHitchcock
01-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Do any of the Ctrl commands work? Or is it just those two giving you problems?

Xanthan Gum
01-23-2006, 06:14 PM
yep.. every Ctrl command gives me problems - they just dont work!! :eek:

help.. . please.. . . =\ anyone .. . . ?

MeliHitchcock
01-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Cut and pasted from the Adobe Forums:

Two causes have been reported:

1. The need to update keyboard drivers. Logitech have updated drivers on their website for Logitech keyboards.

2. Attempting to by-pass activation by applying a 'Crack' will cause the keyboard shortcuts to stop working. Remove the crack and correct CTRL Key operation will be restored (But you will need to activate the application).

If you're concerned with the high cost of Photoshop you should be aware of a "lite" version called Photoshop Elements. For most "non-professionals" it has all tools you'll need at a very reasonable price.

Check it out here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/main.html

Hope that helps.

Wysiwyg
01-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Cut and pasted from the Adobe Forums:

Hope that helps.

I can confirm this, a buddy of mine bought a bootleg and he had this issue...some people can't fathom working for what you want I guess...so he learned you get what you pay for ;)

Essentials isn't that bad, and if you are a student you can discounts too.

MeliHitchcock
01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
I can confirm this, a buddy of mine bought a bootleg and he had this issue...some people can't fathom working for what you want I guess...so he learned you get what you pay for ;)

Essentials isn't that bad, and if you are a student you can discounts too.

He bought a bootleg? :eek: Yikes, I've heard of people getting scammed before with software purchases, but never intentionally buying bootleged software. :P

At any rate, depending on what you plan to do with the progam, there are so many other less expensive alternatives. Plus if you do enough research and price watches through various sites, you can find some really good deals on software.

Xanthan Gum
01-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Thnaks guys!! =) Ill try that!! =)

Xanthan Gum
01-24-2006, 04:38 PM
thanks guys!! these advices really useful.. I think I get it.. =)

I just have anothe tiny question.. which hardware (VideoCard or Memory) affects mostly on the prformance of painting software.. . ? :argh:

:thumbsup:

MeliHitchcock
01-24-2006, 06:06 PM
I would say your video card is more important but having the extra RAM doesn't hurt. My system currently has 1 gig of RAM and a GForce MX 3200 (128 meg) video card in it and it runs all my programs fairly well. Though I've been wanting to upgrade my video card for a while to a 256 meg (I'm also a heavy gamer and some games are pretty intense on my system).

halo
01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
if your working on any file thats for print then RAM is the most important upgrade, then you need a large hard drive or 2 or 3 preferably or even RAID, then a good processor to push it along and a card that can keep up. The RAM is the biggest bottleneck and the last two become irrelevant if you dont have enough RAM.

That said, if you just mucking around with web sized images, then your processor is probably the most important thing if you have a gb or so Ram.

Xanthan Gum
01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
TAHNKS.. . ! :thumbsup: :applause:
Im working on a file for print! its pretty big iguess.. but thanks guys that was great info..

(im runing on r 512 RAm and a GeForce 2 MX400.. :sad: .. )
well ill do my best!! =)

archerion
01-27-2006, 04:38 AM
for photoshop its mostly cpu and ram, your video card should be fine . i would recommend you pick up a 512 stick there cheap.

Athey
02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I know you've already go your problem figured out (the short-cut one that is) but for anyone with a similar problem I've got another possible cause -

At my work we use Trillian for our intranet messenger and Trilian took presidence over shortcuts even though it was minimized and in the background (really wierd) and made it so a bunch of photoshop shortcuts didn't work.

My lead was tearing his hair out for a week over it until someone finally figured out why it was happening.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.