PDA

View Full Version : intern demo reel question

byvfx
01-23-2006, 06:36 AM
hi guys i am a student, and i don't have a demo reel yet.
i am looking for a VFX internship, but it seems all of them require a demo reel.
Since the demo reel is the last thing we really work on at school.. kinda puts puts me in a weird position.
My question is.. do you think i can just put what i have together and apply? I am not too sure what to do.
thanks in advance

Brandon

SirRon
01-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Sure, if you've got the time put together what you have and apply. The worst they can do is turn you down. The same thing will basically happen if you don't apply.

Depending on how things go and how they operate, you'll learn a lot during the internship. But if they don't accept then that'll just give you more time to study more at school and maybe finish a demo reel at the end. At that point you can apply for another internship.

But do research on the internship. Will the company let you put any work you did in your demoreel? Will you work with other artists or will you go buy their lunch? and so on.

My .02, good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 07:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.