PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing has gone strange in Zbrush?

MrPositive
01-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Ok I'm not sure if zbrush is causing this or if it is my wacom (Intuos 2) tablet. But, I have started on a project utilizing zbrush and all was going well until I opened my file today. Now suddenly, the smooth is completely obliterating the detail. Before the smooth worked perfectly, slowly softening areas. But now (with the exact same settings) the smoothing feature is far too strong. Do you guys think it is Zbrush or the Wacom acting funny? Any solutions would be much appreciated as right now I'm having difficulty moving on without a proper working smooth function. You guys in the zbrush forum have helped me before and I'm praying you can again. Thanks.

eblondin
01-23-2006, 05:12 PM
I assume when you say smoothing you mean the smooth edit brush. And the only reason I can think of why that would be stronger than you would predict it to be is because you aren't on the same sub division level as you previously were. So make sure you are at the highest level. Other than that I can't think of a reason why it would be acting that way off the top of my head.

DaedraLord
01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
check your z-intensity for the smoth edit brush.

if its at 100 its going to be too powerfull (unless you want to destroy the details)
i like to use around a 20-30 for smoothing

ryankingslien
01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Another note to add is that if you have part of your model hidden then the Smooth Brush will be more powerful than if the whole mesh is shown. :) `r

eblondin
01-24-2006, 12:36 AM
On a side note. the Z intensity for the smooth edit brush does not work if you hold down shift while using the standard brush. (which is how I usually use it) only when you actually change to the smooth edit brush does the Z intensity slider make a difference in your smoothness level.

MrPositive
01-28-2006, 06:28 AM
On a side note. the Z intensity for the smooth edit brush does not work if you hold down shift while using the standard brush. (which is how I usually use it) only when you actually change to the smooth edit brush does the Z intensity slider make a difference in your smoothness level.

Yes that is how I use it with the shift key down. So where is it looking at for the intensity of the smooth? By the way I appreciate all your guys help.

MrPositive
01-28-2006, 06:29 AM

I will definitely try this......crossing fingers.......and toes. It's just so weird that it worked for weeks and then suddently it's so powerful that it totally destroys all my detail...Soooo strange.

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2006, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.