PDA

View Full Version : Character Setup/Rigging Reel

ShiroiOokami
01-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Hey, I just finished up my reel. I would appreciate some critiques/comments on it.

29mb, 720x480, Quicktime
Download (http://www.charactersetup.com/TylerThornockReel.mov)

ragdoll
01-23-2006, 06:25 AM
the rigging looks great... but i think your animations hurt them really bad...

my suggestion would be to only show the rigs functions, and just drop the animated versions...

or you could ask a pro animator to animate your rigs to test out how well they work...

other than that, you get my 4 stars! :thumbsup:

-rj

APD-Jack
01-23-2006, 11:53 AM
I agree with ragdoll about animations...
But, rigs are awesome!! Especially, i love your scripts.. :thumbsup:

I think you should retouch it for having usefull demoreel. :shrug:

Good luck :thumbsup:

ShiroiOokami
01-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey, thanks for the critiques so far.

You guys aren't talking about my deformation test stuff right? Which of the animations do you not like the most? Are certain ones worth keeping? I want animations to show the rig can do more then just have deformation tests on it and it keeps the reel more entertaining, but I dont want bad animations to count against me for something I didn't even do. I guess I will have to look around for some better animators.

Keep the critiques comin :P

Loolarge
01-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I was wondering how you did the secondary animation on the cables for the four legged robot in at the end, is that automated?

Nice stuff, congrats

meisterschiller
01-29-2006, 04:13 PM
wow!
very nice work!! the rigs are awesome..
about that point with the animation: i didnīt liked the first animation that much (the one on the dragon/devil-thing).. i think it doenīt fit into the rest of the reel very good because it looks a little bit edgy..
but the rest is really good :)
keep up that good work!

ShiroiOokami
01-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Loolarge - For the cable it is all automated. I used a hair curve to drive a spline ik. Looking back now, i probably would have set it up a little different, but I woulda still used hair curves. There is a rig on my website (the creature) with a tentacle driven the same way if you want to check it out.

meisterschiller - I dont quite understand what you mean by "edgy". Are you just sayin the animation doesn't look finished or something else?

Thanks for the comments guys! I am still tweaking some stuff before I send it out and would like any more recomendations you have.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 01:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.