PDA

View Full Version : Opacity Changing

Michael5188
01-22-2006, 11:59 PM
I have a scene where the camera rotates around a wireframe car slowly, and as it rotates the windows, which aren't wireframe, go from transparent to tinted (opacity goes from 45 to 95) Yet when I render and watch the animation, the camera rotates around car, then when the opacity begins to change it freezes while only the tip top of the car rotates, then it skips ahead to when the opacity is finished changing and continues rotating normally. It's hard to explain, but if you understand the problem and could help that'd be great. If anyone knows of an easy way to upload the animation to show I could show you what I mean.

-I'm using 3dsmax 5's default scanline renderer.

-I've also had problems in the past with .avi renders being pixelated at times or messy, could this have to do with my software, or video compresser?

vaXn8d
01-23-2006, 08:45 PM
I could be way off, but it sounds like video compression. I'd recommend rendering as image sequences (.tiff, .tga, or .png) and compiling into an .avi afterwords. That way you don't lose a render if your compression settings aren't right.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 08:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.