PDA

View Full Version : Serious Photoshop CS2 problem after updating WinXP

ACantarel
01-22-2006, 11:23 PM
After installing some of the latest updates for WinXP from the Microsoft website, I have the problem that Photoshop CS2 crashes after a while of painting fast short strokes with my Wacom Intuos3.
Before I installed these updates, everything worked fine.
It seems to crash when you´re painting "faster" than Photoshop can draw the lines. But these are just little small lines which shouldn´t be a problem (and it wasn´t one before).
My Photoshop has 2 GB of RAM available so the memory couldn´t be the problem.

Anyone here who knows this problem?

I´m really f***ed up at the moment because I can´t paint without saving every 10th second!

Thanks

André

ACantarel
01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Nobody with this problem? Ok, then the error must be on my side I think.

Maybe any ideas? I already reinstalled CS2 but that didn´t work.
I also think that I can´t expect help from the Adobe Support. Has anyone experiences with the Adobe Support? Do they help?

André

relics71s
01-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Have you tried reinstalling/updating the Wacom driver?

ACantarel
01-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your reply. I installed the latest NVIDIA-Drivers and the latest Wacom-Drivers and it looks like that it is fixed. I hope so :)

André

gfx-ACro
01-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Why not un-installing the main problem from the first place - like you said it all started when you installed the updates. right ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 07:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.