PDA

View Full Version : Liquinian Discus Thrower - Maxwell RC5

BeccoUK
01-22-2006, 09:06 PM
http://digital-depictions.com/maxwell/LDWeb.jpg

A scene inspired by one of the ancient Pentathlon events - Discus Throwing.
Anton Kisiels' Apollo Maximus 2005 Poser figure (from RuntimeDNA) was used as a controlling volume for almost 100,000 RealFlow3 'fluid' particles.

Rest of scene put together with elements made in Cinema4D 9.5.

Maxwell Render RC5 used for the materials, lighting and rendering.

Thank you for taking a look.

rob rhodes
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
cool I like it a lot. the top of his left leg is a little too distorted for me but not too bad as it is obviously just supposed to be an abstract. nice clean image out of RC5 then, did it take ages to render? is mxstudio user friendly yet?

moka.studio
01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
i really like the discus thrower,
i do not like the rainbow fence around him at all. it looks really static, and distracts instead of adding to the scene. Keep it simple - or at least abstract.

BeccoUK
01-23-2006, 11:21 PM
rob rhodes: Thank you. Yes the image took a long time to get it how you see. Then again some of my Cinema renders take similar amounts of time so I'm not complaining too much. Generally RC5 is useable but I can't see the need for Maxwell Studio just to mess with materials. Perhaps in time, integration with Cinema4D will improve but somehow I have doubts.

moka-j: I'm in my rainbow era. I was also being a little lazy, next time I do something similar I will generate any scene props as similar fluid types and see what those look like.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.