PDA

View Full Version : tricky problem

stavrevstefan
01-21-2006, 10:35 PM
I have scene in MAYA and rendered in from frame -50 to -10.I want to import in AFTER EFFECTS in that order.But After effects orders reverse starting with frame -10 and ending with -50.The solution is probably simple but i am newbie to after effects so..

Please help guys...

JurajMolcak
01-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Hmh, revers it back on your timeline. Use Time stretch with factor -100% (Layers/Time Stretch)

Cheers,

stavrevstefan
01-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Can u be more specific please?

I aplied time stretch but it is till same...

beenyweenies
01-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Can u be more specific please?

I aplied time stretch but it is till same...

Since AE is playing your clip in reverse (-10 through -50 instead of -50 through -10) you can use the time stretch option to reverse that. The time stretch feature allows you to express how much time stretching will happen in percents, so if you type in 50% it will play half as fast. In your case, you should use a value of -100%, which willl play the clip in reverse.

I would recommend also precomposing the clip and use that precomp on your master timeline rather than using the raw, reversed clip. Some effects and other things may not work as expected with a time reversed clip.

A better option is to re-render out of Maya and set the starting frame number to 0001 rather than -50.

Good luck!

XanderFX
01-22-2006, 07:48 AM
You can try using photoshop to batch rename in the file browser if you have an older version or if you have CS2 with the Adobe Bridge thing you can batch rename from there. Also next time you render out of maya open up the renumber frame twirl down in render globals in the common tab to renumber your frames starting with 1

valoos
01-23-2006, 09:53 AM
for "reverse" footage on timeline press Ctrl+Alt+R

ehoch
01-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Renaming your files like XanderFX suggests is the best solution. Then you can easily work in AE with files numbered 001-900 or whatever. No reversing necessary at that point.

As a practice, I find it helpful to move my Maya timeline to always begin at 1.
Using Maya's Frame Start setting in the render globals is very useful, but has caused problems for me when I need to re-render an error-frame. Frame file 1 can be time -35 in the timeline, and it can get hard to track down and re-render that frame when the numbers don't match.
For that reason, before I render an animation I will move all the Maya keyframes to start at 1.

brandnew
01-24-2006, 06:54 AM
for "reverse" footage on timeline press Ctrl+Alt+R

that's it.

suztv
01-26-2006, 08:22 PM
I would use time-remapping. You can control it better.

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 08:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.