PDA

View Full Version : Eye blink problem with joints. Can you help??

grrinc
01-21-2006, 01:46 PM
I have created an 'alien eye' which consists of spheres within spheres that are rotated off of joints for blinking effects. The whole set is then deformed with a lattice to fit into the aliens face whilst maintaining good deforming blinks. Good so far....

However, I now want to duplicate the eye over to fit into the other side of the face. I need the lattice and the joints to duplicate over too, but I then need the joints to operate with there own controller. What I am getting now is both eyes blinking when I rotate the original eyes blink joints. How can I break this connection whilst keeping the general parenting and lattice deformations??
Many thanks for any suggestions.

M.E.L.
01-22-2006, 01:58 AM
duplicate your setup over, break any connections you have wired up to the setup on it's mirrored side (select all the objects, highlight the channels in the channel editor and then simply right click and choose Break Connections). Careful with the lattice as I'm not sure if you have anything wired up there in the channel box.

Once that's done, just string together your controller and setup for the mirrored side and you're set.

-s

grrinc
01-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the reply M.E.L. Thats sounds like it could be the answer!! I'll give it a try a bit later.

Cheers!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 06:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.