PDA

View Full Version : Layer Style Question

JuddWack
01-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm creating a seamless texture that will eventually be normal mapped.

The problem I am encountering is that I am using a inner and outer glow layer style on some layers. Since it is supposed to tile seamlessly I am having things wrap around the edge of the canvas to break up a distinguishable tileing pattern.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/2241/panel2uf.jpg

Notice how the panel recieve the effect from the layer style if they are touching the edge of the canvas. This causes a problem. Anyone know how I might fix it?

Thanks.

BlueFlare
01-20-2006, 07:50 PM
That's because the complete rectangle is on the canvas.
With a shape like this that overlaps you won't have that problem:

JuddWack
01-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Sorry man, but I don't really see what you are doing that I'm not. Can you be a bit more specific?

spmonahan
01-20-2006, 10:35 PM
What he means is that you can create a rectangle that fits entirely on the canvas, apply the layer style and then then drag the rectangle so part of it is off the canvas.

-NG-
01-20-2006, 11:08 PM
You could try to mask out the effects you dont want mayby that could work.

Right click on the layer style, then create layers. This creates a layer from the layer style wich then can be edited like any other layer. Add a mask and mask out the glow effect on the edges, it might work.:)

JuddWack
01-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Thanks guys, I cleared it up. I just scaled my image up the tinest but so its edges were outside the canvas.

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 04:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.