PDA

View Full Version : combine the character for skinning?

brejon
01-20-2006, 05:56 PM
hi everyone! we are actually working with two friends on a short and we have finished the modelisation of the characters.

so right no we are working on the setup and the rigging in maya, but the setuper of my group wants to combine the different meshes. for example, he wants to combine the the moustache, the hair and the face to make the blendshapes. But for me , it is a problem because I need to have different objects to render them separately with options of primary visibility.. I should use cast and receive shadows too maybe! It disturbs me also becouse I have to do sets of faces to assign the shaders and I cannot drag and drop.. It is also a problem for the UV, which are all over the others...

is there any solution to blendshape a group? or to make aconstrain with cluster? because I really prefer to have separate objects in order to shade, texture and render them with more freedom.. thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.