PDA

View Full Version : PS CS and CS2 thumbnail view in Windows Explorer Fix

michael-olszak
01-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi everybody,

i thought i'd share this with you guys. i was wondering why i can not see my images in Windows Explorer Thumbnail view after PS version 7. so i googled around for it and found this fix. its super easy and works like a charm.

Anyway here it is. Hope it'll make a differenct i know it did for me.

cheers.

opus13
01-22-2006, 08:11 PM
thanks!

last night i was getting rather upset that i was having to use Bloat... er, Bridge to view psd icons

michael-olszak
01-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Yeah i know what you mean. i don't know what this Bridge is supposed to be doing but it's not doing it for mor. it's way to heavy!! the File Brawswer was much better if you ask be.

MeliHitchcock
01-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Off hand, did you happen to see if they made something similar for Illustrators .ai files?

Datameister
01-23-2006, 10:57 PM
MeliHitchcock, I downloaded that from another site (lost the link, sorry :() and it came with an identical registry editor for AI files. A quick Google search should allow you to find it.

That being said, I've been having issues with Photoshop and my Intuos3 tablet since I implemented this fix. I don't know if the problem is related to this; I've reset the preferences file, and I haven't had any problems since...but I haven't used Photoshop that much since. We'll have to see if it works properly now.

It's a pity we can't view previews of PSDs in Windows' slideshow mode. Anyone know of a fix for that? ;)

michael-olszak
01-25-2006, 08:57 AM
huuumm... i haven't has any problems with my table since i installed the fix. but then again i don't use it that much at all.

about the same thing for AI files. unfortunately i coudn't find anything on the net. the same goes for the Slideshow. if i will i'll post it for sure.

michael-olszak
01-25-2006, 08:58 AM
huuumm... i haven't had any problems with my tablet since i installed the fix. but then again i don't use it that much at all.

about the same thing for AI files. unfortunately i coudn't find anything on the net. the same goes for the Slideshow in Win explorer. if i will, i'll post it for sure.

qcstrom
03-09-2006, 04:44 AM
Thanks very much for this,

do you know if there is a fix for this that will work in 64bit Windows?

I have been searching around, found nothing yet. Or can I just edit the registry file to different paths?

Photoshop CS2 installs in a different location in 64bit windows, ie. "c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2", due to the fact that its a 32bit application.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

- Q

levi
03-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Off hand, did you happen to see if they made something similar for Illustrators .ai files?

Try the file available at
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2005/12/13/adobe-cs2-and-the-case-of-the-disappearing-thumbnails/

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2006, 03:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.