PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Set for 2007 Release: Hopefully

Spriggan12
01-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Lucas firms up the date for the year he hopes to perhaps have INDIANA JONES 4 ready!

Harrison Ford's not getting any younger (and Karen Allen's not getting any more relevant), so fans can't help but wonder: When, exactly, are we going to see the long-promised fourth Indiana Jones movie? "We just keep working on it,"

shrugged series writer/producer George Lucas. "You know, we just write and write and write and write and write. But we are getting closer, and hopefully this year we will have a start date and we will have a script that we all love and hopefully it will come out next year."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1521035/01182006/story.jhtml

Lucas added that Jeff Nathanson ("Catch Me if You Can") is the newest addition to a pile of screenwriters bigger than the Cairo swordsman's weapon of choice. Ford has said that he will reprise his whip-wielding adventurer role for the first time since 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," and Steven Spielberg is making plans to direct. .

Can you imagine a Summer 2007 consisting oh Halo The Movie, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, and Indy 4.

tufif
01-20-2006, 05:51 AM
Back in '97, I found a script online for a 4th indiana jones movie. Something about cloning hitler and indy's son that he didn't know about was running around getting in trouble. It was pretty good. Even though it was a fake, whoever wrote it has talent. Maybe that writer should team up with whoever made that transformers fake?

Nemoid
01-20-2006, 08:07 AM
As time passes, Harrison Ford will be able to play the role of.......................... a grandpa of some boy passionate of archeology!

the funny thing is that Sean Conney the great is actually in better phisical conditions for action roles than him LOL :D

DevilHacker
01-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Good news as long as Harrison Ford is still Indiana Jones.
:thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When he says he is done acting, so is the Indy Movies.
They should never place another actor in his place like they have done for Bond for years...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clanger
01-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Indian Jones and the incontinence pants

P_T
01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
I read somewhere that Ford gave Lucas and Spielberg 2 years time frame or forget about it.

I hope it's gonna be about Atlantis like in the Indy 4 games years back.

tufif
01-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I remember that game. It had REAL VGA GRAPHICS! Back in the day when having 256 colors on the screen at the same time was all you needed to be cutting edge.

P_T
01-20-2006, 05:15 PM
ROFL! tell me about it. :D

God I miss those point and click adventure game. Played both Indy 3 and 4 and I must say Indy 3 was a great movie -> game adaptation.

Back to topic, I'm not sure if Ford is a good choice for Indy now, I just saw Hollywood Homicide and boy did he look old in it and that was a while ago, great shape for someone his age but old nonetheless, BUT he IS Indy...

This is hard... on one hand I want to see more of Indy's adventures but on the other hand I want Ford to be Indy. Can you guys think of anyone else who could possibly fill Indy's role?

JoeBananas
01-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Perhaps they're thinking of doing loads of post work on Ford to make him look younger. I think its possible these days to do it right without the general public being able to notice.

Not an easy job by any means, but I'm sure its something they're considering.

tufif
01-20-2006, 06:10 PM
They could just write a story about an old indy can't they? He doesn't seem like the type to hang up the hat and whip just because he's got grey hair. I still think they should do a movie about an old james bond and bring back connery.

xino
01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I read somewhere that Ford gave Lucas and Spielberg 2 years time frame or forget about it.

You're correct. Lucas has two years to get a script done or it's canned. I think this 2007 release date is just another 'net rumor. Even worse it's a "news" source from mtv. It's funny how just last night the major tv stations around here and ET only said "2 years" when mtv has a specific year. :shrug:

Neil
01-20-2006, 07:02 PM
For the sake of my imagination I'd like to see them dye his hair and make him appear to be still young. They can have stunt guys continue to do the diving and jumping anyway.
I don't forsee an 'apprentice' type movie, since they already did that with the beginning of Last Crusade. Indy already is the apprentice to his dad. Apprentice of apprentice of apprentice of... movie should lack of depth of writing.

DaveW
01-20-2006, 07:17 PM
This is hard... on one hand I want to see more of Indy's adventures but on the other hand I want Ford to be Indy. Can you guys think of anyone else who could possibly fill Indy's role?

Ben Affleck!!

He was er..great..as the new Jack Ryan!

Swizzle
01-20-2006, 07:23 PM
They could just write a story about an old indy can't they? He doesn't seem like the type to hang up the hat and whip just because he's got grey hair. I still think they should do a movie about an old james bond and bring back connery.Yes!!! I'm not alone - I knew it! It'd be awesome to bring back Sean Connery as Bond, and just as awesome to have an old Indy.

P_T
01-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah but they'd want to attract new fans for this franchise and I don't think early teen kids will dig an old hero. They usually fantasize about being the hero and somehow I doubt they'd want to fantasize about being an old man. :D

Halduke
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
A couple of years ago, there was a rumor that Indiana Jones could be Leonardo di Caprio....uuughh :surprised.

Sephirothv7
01-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Contactmusic.com has posted news regarding the next Indiana Jones (http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Ford_Gives_Spielberg_And_Lucas_A_Deadline_96614.asp#) film (http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Ford_Gives_Spielberg_And_Lucas_A_Deadline_96614.asp#) and Harrison Ford's (http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Ford_Gives_Spielberg_And_Lucas_A_Deadline_96614.asp#) position about when it should be done.

Here's a snippet:

The 63-year-old says, "It's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time... but if it doesn't happen in the next two years we should all forget it."

rblitz7
01-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Can you imagine a Summer 2007 consisting oh Halo The Movie, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, and Indy 4.
That would be sick!:buttrock:Any news on the halo movie?

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2006, 11:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.