View Full Version : SILENT HILL Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
01-20-2006, 02:01 AM
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1401398&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

-R

heavyness
01-20-2006, 02:11 AM
still looking good....

lets hope they can pull it off. i also need to see a larger version of that trailer, come on apple, where is the HD version.

rblitz7
01-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Wow that looked awesome!! How the hell did a normal town turn into that!:D

SheepFactory
01-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Finally a game movie that is not crap!

Bsmith
01-20-2006, 03:11 AM
??? I think it still looks like every other horror movie thats come out.

JulianHo
01-20-2006, 03:18 AM

Given your opinion, I think the movie has achieved one of its primary objectives - a videogame-based movie that actually looks and feels like a movie. :D

W00t! :applause: Definitely looking forward to this.

dax3d
01-20-2006, 03:21 AM
I really enjoyed Brotherhood of the Wolf, so I look forward to this movie. Plus Silent Hill is just creepy. Can't wait!

rblitz7
01-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Given your opinion, I think the movie has achieved one of its primary objectives - a videogame-based movie that actually looks and feels like a movie. :D

W00t! :applause: Definitely looking forward to this.
your so right. lol.

JDex
01-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Holy crap... what is this that my eyes behold?

A story... an actual story. An actual compelling story that appears to have an actual cohesion and capable film-maker at the helm.

You did say this was based upon a video game, right?

First impression. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ivanisavich
01-20-2006, 03:27 AM
Oh that looks stinkin awesome!

JulianHo
01-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Hi-Res Quicktime video here - http://mp3content01.bcst.yahoo.com/proot1/PubShare02/yahoointernal/11/21764261.mov

Also found some screen-capped pics of the creatures. :scream:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1622/nurses7iq.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/236/nurses22rt.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3097/nurses36ol.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/199/figure4ui.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4012/monsters7xn.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8680/pyramidhead6bv.jpg

chrisWhite
01-20-2006, 04:24 AM
That looks pretty scary, sounds like fun.

erilaz
01-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Fantastic... it looks like they really managed to capture the feel. Same music, same freakish designs, same screwed up locals. Brilliant. :D

Layer01
01-20-2006, 06:50 AM
oh wow....
looks great! i'll be seeing this one...and will probably be scared pantless..like i was in the games :D

malcolmTG
01-20-2006, 06:50 AM
who is doing the visuals for this movie? cause from the trailer it looks pretty cool and like it could be a good movie.

and to all the videogame-to-movie disbelievers i have two words: street fighter.

JDex
01-20-2006, 06:56 AM
and to all the videogame-to-movie disbelievers i have two words: street fighter.

Are you trying to convert disbelievers or make more of them? :D

Super Mario Bros was better than Street Fighter. LOL

SheepFactory
01-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Are you trying to convert disbelievers or make more of them? :D

Super Mario Bros was better than Street Fighter. LOL

three words:

mortal kombat: annihilation

nuff said :D

berice
01-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Have our prayers been answered that a movie based on a game is finally going to NOT SUCK?! This looks freaking awesome, I cant wait.

shy-guy
01-20-2006, 07:43 AM
My gooood... the waiting has been for sooo long... i want to see it :cry: It looks so cool, creepy and faithfull to the game; i hope it will kick some a$s:buttrock:

malcolmTG
01-20-2006, 08:38 AM
street fighter, mortal kombat: annihilation, and super mario brothers are the holy trinity of videogame movies. and i guess double dragon can be like the moses of videogame movies. so unless silent hill can outshine those movies of awesome, i dont see it holding a strong place in my heart.

tuna
01-20-2006, 08:54 AM
It looked interesting. They could probably lay off the cliches a bit though, jesus.

phexitol
01-20-2006, 09:10 AM
It looked interesting. They could probably lay off the cliches a bit though, jesus.

Most of the so-called 'cliches' you see in the trailer were actually borrowed from the Silent Hill games. By now they seem cliche, but since this movie is Silent Hill, they belong. The only cliche not based on Silent Hill is the 'dude shaking his head at a freakishly fast rate', which I believe started with Jacob's Ladder (and the Silent Hill games do tend to borrow from that movie once in a while).

Radiation
01-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Did i see pyramid head!?

HappyCookie
01-20-2006, 10:38 AM
You guys are so selfish...
How is Uwe Boll supposed to find work again when a videogame-based movie that doesn't suck is released... ?
:D

zeroboy
01-20-2006, 10:48 AM
wOW. The trailer is really creepy. It does capture the look and feel of the Silent Hill game. Hopefully, if also captures the story. :applause:

On that note, most videogames translated to movies have terrible story lines (and I'm talking about StreetFighter and House of the Dead). All they have to do was to make a script revolving around the story from the game. But still, they deviate from that and make a whole new story instead and just use the game's name to attract those poor video game fans. :shrug:

danshewan
01-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Man, that looks awesome! If there was ever a video game license they just had to get right, this was it. SH2 was one of the most intense video game experiences I've ever had, and I just can't wait to see how it translates to the big screen. And the creatures look excellent, although someone said they saw Pyramid Head in the trailer, but I guess it demands closer scrutiny as I seem to have missed him. Any excuse to watch the trailer again!

erilaz
01-20-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm just glad they've got the faceless nurses in there! :D

JulianHo
01-20-2006, 11:46 AM
The movie seems to be taking all the elements from all 4 Silent Hill games.

And yeah, there's a pic of Pyramid Head from my previous post in thsi thread. :)

Just love how they show the transition of dimensional "bleeding" by having surfaces peel-off. From "limbo" Silent Hill into "nightmare" Silent Hill.

RFX
01-20-2006, 12:56 PM
The movie looks great, and i belive C.O.R.E. is doing some of the effects.

Jinian
01-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Saw both trailers and i must say i am impressed with how faithful this movie is to the game. The sound effects and music from the game translates well in the trailer. I hope they do use more of the original game's music in the film itself. Looking forward to this, i really have a good feeling about this one. I'm a Silent Hill gamer and a fan as well and i enjoyed getting the scare out of me best when i play this game alone in my room at night, hoping to do the same with this film when it comes out on DVD.

Spankspeople
01-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Wow.

Aside from the seemingly pointless bit with her husband(which I 'spose is necessary 'cause focusing on a single character that long isn't terribly movie-esque), it looks like an amazing reinterpretation of the games. Actually, from the look of the trailer, if they use the husband side-story to fill out the various bits of backstory that would have been done by picking up news paper articles and stuff in the game(reading doesn't translate well into film), I think that'd work quite well.

I hope we get to see some lead pipe action at some point. WHAMMO!

AlbertArt
01-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Looks good, but lets not speak until its finally released and the reviews pour in. :thumbsup:

Stillwell
01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
It looks very nice. I'm really looking forward to see this movie.

I didn't know Sean Bean would be in it. That's good news, he's an awesome actor.

Shaderhacker
01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Man, this makes me want to play the games again!!!

I can't wait to see this! I'll have to drag the wife out for this one. ;)

-M

pixelmonk
01-20-2006, 07:36 PM

???????????

pixelmonk
01-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi-Res Quicktime video here - http://mp3content01.bcst.yahoo.com/proot1/PubShare02/yahoointernal/11/21764261.mov

Also found some screen-capped pics of the creatures. :scream:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1622/nurses7iq.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/236/nurses22rt.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3097/nurses36ol.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/199/figure4ui.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4012/monsters7xn.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8680/pyramidhead6bv.jpg

awesome... no need to hit crApple's website!

GoAaaa
01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
The movie seems to be taking all the elements from all 4 Silent Hill games.

What elements from Silent Hill 4 have you noticed in the trailer?

amannin
01-20-2006, 07:50 PM
oh yes, pyramid head and creepy back-stabbing nurses --- i'm exciteed

zuliban
01-20-2006, 08:43 PM
love this game ,very good trailer hope its as good as the game:buttrock:

JulianHo
01-20-2006, 09:54 PM
What elements from Silent Hill 4 have you noticed in the trailer?

I dunno. I thought I saw a group of Gumheads (ape-thing with two faces) at the end of the trailer? :shrug: Could be a group of Missionary creatures from Silent Hill 3 instead.

eMPeck
01-21-2006, 07:47 PM
looks goooood!

hype +1

funniest thing is that first part of trailer looks just like SH1 intro ;) they just changed main character and girl's name ;)

love it so far.

erilaz
01-21-2006, 10:38 PM
funniest thing is that first part of trailer looks just like SH1 intro ;) they just changed main character and girl's name ;)

It seems like they're taking elements from all the games (was pyramidhead in any silent hill other than number 2?). I've only really played the first two and some of 4, but damn it's good!
Stoked.

poly-phobic
01-21-2006, 10:57 PM
oh god....

i wish that place like this really existed so i would go there under my own will to be tourmented everytime a picture like this gets released to ease the pain.

the horror gendre is deader than my old man.

lets get ready for silent hill: 2, 3, 4 and "silent hill: ultimate"

i cant beleive some of the elites and seasoned posters [or savvy few] here are impressed

Cyborgguineapig
01-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Trailers often decieve... You guys are giving it way too much credit for a game -> film before even seeing it. Until I hear good reviews about it I'll just keep shaking my head at the fact that just about every horror film has to have the mandatory "oh no watch out for the kid/ghost/thing in the road!" But I guess its a common clithe because cars, driving and travel are such a big part of every modern story. Will hold my breath for now. I realize I'm being way criticle. :)

luciferous
01-22-2006, 03:34 AM
From a fan of games POV... mm faithful atmosphere, design, but dont be decieved by the music, its just from the games and probably not for the actual movie.

From a horror movie fans POV, so far it hits all the key notes of a good horror film, the cliches in it are taken from the games mostly so thats forgivable and plus all major pieces of work thrive in cliche... its a bath full of beans, you know you shouldnt but you jump in anyways.

I think I'm going to enjoy this, just for the visuals alone, the apparent inclusion of typical silent hilly plot means an extra wow factor, because underneath all the games viscera, there is usually a plot to make the soul creep or in the case of silent hill 2 the heart to break, am I the only onewho found SH2 a bit upsetting and i dont mean in the terror department?

Knotter8
01-22-2006, 02:45 PM
SH2 upsetting ? I thought it was thought provoking brilliant.

Anyway, I read this from an interview with scriptwriter Avery :

"Instilling the movie with the same eerie, exploratory feel as the game was a difficult task, especially since that meant breaking from the usual movie mold. "Because of that, it became a very difficult script for the studio to accept. We had long passages with NO DIALOGUE. Christophe wanted to ensure that when we wanted to have dialogue, we wrote it big. But for the most part, much of the movie is a silent film - we wanted it to be full of silence. So there are scenes where Rose is just wandering through Silent Hill.

"In the script phase, we had long, long moments where seemingly nothing happens. It's all atmosphere – you're falling slowly into a world and experiencing it much like you would in the game."

I would love that ! Finally no more constant babbling and chattering. Instead; dialogue in the parts where it would happen like in the SH games. Let cinematography, editing and atmosphere do the 'talking'. Imho, Avery is showing some good stuff here.

But there's still alot that can go untapped ; the SH games' leveldesign and environments are full of meta messages like all the blockades, long hallways and abrupt ending stairways. In other words ; the SH world is a 'character' itself. I hope the movie can do it justice.

Ow, btw... I still hope they add the 'grain' in the final cut.

sinnic
01-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Here's the full interview with Roger Avary if anyone wants to read it. I have confidence in the movie after reading this.

http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2005/09/roger_avary_tal.php

Here's a passage I personally like. Roger is long-time friends with Quentin Tarantino, so that's why he brings him up:
Secondly, I know a fcukload about cinema. I know all kinds of things about movies, and Quentin [Tarantino] blew me out of the water. I didn't know how, but he knew so much more about cinema than I did. Well, Christophe [Gans] blows Quentin out of the water, which I never knew was possible. And not just in terms of what he knows about movies, but what he knows about all media. You name a book and he's read it, name a game and he's played it (and he hasn’t just played it casually – he's played it to the end). He's invested the 50-100 hours it's taken to finish all of these games.

spmonahan
01-22-2006, 06:24 PM
After reading that article and seeing the trailer...well I'm just excited! Now if only we could get the HD trailer on Apple.

Knotter8
01-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Here's the full interview with Roger Avary if anyone wants to read it. I have confidence in the movie after reading this.

http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2005/09/roger_avary_tal.php

Thanx for the link :)

They're in talks for maaaybe another Konami title ? Zone of Enders ? Metal Gear Solid ?!

Darktwin
01-22-2006, 07:22 PM

Completely agree with you Bsmith, it looks like every other modern horror/psycological thriller. Although this one does look more interesting than all rest, effects and creatures look good. The games imo compared to the trailer were much more convincing, I know, I know, its just the trailer, we're just going to have to wait and see for the film to come out before I make my final verdict.

HellBoy
01-22-2006, 07:27 PM
wow absolutly amazing, will defenetly see this. I bet they'll make silent hill 2 very soon

eMPeck
01-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanx for the link :)

They're in talks for maaaybe another Konami title ? Zone of Enders ? Metal Gear Solid ?!
Yeah, they shoud take Castlevania franchise from Anderson:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488982/

PhilOsirus
01-22-2006, 07:46 PM
YES! Finally someone understood what Stanley Kubrick achieved with 2001, silence can be quite important in a scene. No need to constantly talk and explain what the characters see or think. From the trailer I was afraid there would be too much talking considering that there are more characters than in the game. I really hope they let the moments speak for themselves. The siren, the world slowly transforming back and forth.

I still have trouble believing it will be a hit because it seems movies have been making much less money recently. Can't wait to see it!

EDIT: Castlevania would be a bad idea IMO, altho it would be possible considering Christophe Gans is involved (I can't believe the guy is making Rahan!). I would love a movie like Zone of Enders, I said it before, I want to see giant mechas fighting at light speed on the big screen, but it would cost a lot of money to make, so it is unlikely. MGS would be acceptable if it was made by the same group than Silent Hill, I doubt they would stray too far away from what makes the game's story great (they should make MGS3).

eMPeck
01-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Castlevania would be a bad idea IMO, altho it would be possible considering Christophe Gans is involved (I can't believe the guy is making Rahan!). I would love a movie like Zone of Enders, I said it before, I want to see giant mechas fighting at light speed on the big screen, but it would cost a lot of money to make, so it is unlikely. MGS would be acceptable if it was made by the same group than Silent Hill, I doubt they would stray too far away from what makes the game's story great (they should make MGS3).
I just feel sad because of Castlevania. I love those games, unfortunately Anderson will probably ruin mood of game. Just like he did with RE & AvP.

sad.

On the other hand I'd love to see Snake on a big screen...

eliseu gouveia
01-23-2006, 05:33 AM
They got me at frame one.
When I heard the sirens echo, I was already gigling like a little schoolgirl.

God, forget X3, Superman Returns or whatever, this is THE film I´m most eagerly awaiting right now.

I´m a bit puzzled, though.
So far, the story reads almost exactly like Harry and Cheryl´s.
Parent and daughter on a car, ghost girl pops up in the middle of the road, accident ensues , parent wakes up, kid is gone..... hmmmm....

Neil
01-23-2006, 04:03 PM
First Impressions: NICE!! The nurses look really good too!

Where is pyramid head... i still can't find him... :/

Complaint: Why is Harry not the lead role? I wonder if the studio felt like the movie would be more scary if the lead role was your typical defenseless, scared about everything character. That's actually what makes Silent Hill cool, is that the world around you is so f-d up and crazy that it didn't make any difference that you were a full grown man with a shotgun, you still were scared.

eMPeck
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Where is pyramid head... i still can't find him... :/

check time 2:16 of the trailer

sinnic
01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Complaint: Why is Harry not the lead role? I wonder if the studio felt like the movie would be more scary if the lead role was your typical defenseless, scared about everything character.
That was the director's decision. Roger Avary (in this (http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2005/09/roger_avary_tal.php) interview) said the reason Christophe Gans wanted it to be a woman was:

I like women -– I like to fcuk the American bimbo. I want to make a movie with no men and have sexy women throughout. Women everywhere. I don’t want to have all these men to deal with or the attitudes of men.
But despite Christophe's obvious love of women, I like the idea of the lead role being female. If you watch a guy getting scared on the big screen, you go, "Man, what a pussy. Just deal with it and do what you got to do." And when you're playing the actual game as Harry, that's you're mentality: just deal with it and find Cheryl. But watching a woman alone in Silent Hill, you feel she is vulnerable and her fear is extremely authentic. And me as a guy, I don't like the idea of a woman being in any sort of situation that makes her feel scared, especially alone. And especially in Silent Hill! So I feel it will really add to the atmosphere and suspense of the movie having Rose instead of Harry.

Neil
01-23-2006, 11:02 PM
I like the idea of the lead role being female. If you watch a guy getting scared on the big screen, you go, "Man, what a pussy. Just deal with it and do what you got to do." And when you're playing the actual game as Harry, that's you're mentality: just deal with it and find Cheryl.

Interesting POV. I ironically feel the total opposite for that exact reason. Girls freak out about everything. OMG it's a spider!! OMG it's a cockroach!! So what's new if she sees a skinned dog running at her, it's the same response. But if you can make a guy go "OMG!" then to me it's more scary.
*I know that is a general statment, i don't want to start a sex war.

heavyness
01-23-2006, 11:12 PM
they might also be showing the connect between mother and daughter. you can't compare the bond the mother has with her own kid in the womb with a male's role. plus, having the father outside of Silent Hill trying to get in shows his love for both and his frustration of not being able to protect them.

and i like how they use pieces and parts from all the games. i don't see them [or do i want them to] make a trilogy out of this. sequel, yes. i think the 4 games have enough content to be combined into 2 movies.

i can't wait for this one!

Cig74
01-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Having watched Gans' harebrained attempts at directing ("Crying Freeman"; "Brotherhood of the Wolf") I will remain skeptical. Avery hasn't done anything good since he wrote "Pulp Fiction" with Tarantino either. At least Uwe Boll's not helming it.

I'm more excited about the release of "FVII: advent Children" in the States so I can finally make sense of all that was lost in translation with the fan sub.

red_oddity
01-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Here's hoping SH movie won't be 'just' another horror flick, but will actually be a movie from a game many people don't get the deeper meanings from (mind you, a lot of it is theory/speculation and some of it was actually confimed by the creators of said game.)
I really hope they delve more into the psychological parts of the game that many people didn't 'catch', instead of making it a zombie/horror/ring-rip-off flick.

It bothers me that i see a blending of the game's creatures/settings, as most of these are projections of the main characters psyche.
For example, what the hell is pyramid head doing in this movie? Pyramid head was the personification of the lead character's guild toward the death/murder of his wife (as in, he killed her, and this is how he sees himself being punished), in a way this was what he was looking for, not the lost child the lead from the first Silent Hill was looking for (or whatever that was, can't really remember), so who did the lead from the movie kill then :)

It does look like they have made a horror flick that rather focusses on the esoterical parts and general looks and atmosphere of the game than on the deeper meaning behind the looks, settings and creatures.

Here's hoping that whatever the movie tackles, it will do it well.

MisterE
02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Now available in beautiful HD!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/silenthill/hd/

CENOBITE
02-06-2006, 12:23 PM
For example, what the hell is pyramid head doing in this movie? Pyramid head was the personification of the lead character's guild toward the death/murder of his wife (as in, he killed her, and this is how he sees himself being punished), in a way this was what he was looking for, not the lost child the lead from the first Silent Hill was looking for (or whatever that was, can't really remember), so who did the lead from the movie kill then :)

Don't forget that he saw an old PAINTING with Pyramid Head in it. Silent Hill "Lore" describes Pyramid Head as being a executioner from back in the day. So some say old pointy one lives independently of the person visiting the town. Could explain his presence.

I just watched Brotherhood this past week (in it's subtitled original French... much better BTW) and am fully confident now in Gans. If the guy played all the games from start to finish, then I believe in him. Other directors wouldn't do that. From watching the trailer and seeing how his approach is, I really can't wait.

Frank Lake
02-06-2006, 01:02 PM
At first I thought I was watching a trailer for another Resident Evil-que type of movie. It turned into a very pleasant surprise that was visually nice and hinted at more. Hopefully their will be more then the trailer showed and the movie doesn't turn into a wannabe action flick.

My main gripe, which has been continuing since the last Maxtrix movie is the CONTINUALLY overlighting that movies have been getting. It's making 'horror', SF and many other movies flat out fake and plastic looking(even the characters). And it's not movie theather dependant either. :hmm: :banghead:

Levitateme
02-14-2006, 11:57 PM
My friend linked me to this today. oy...2 more months...It's just a little more about the film and an image of Pyramid Head

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6876/ph3ut.jpg

There is some dialogue between Rose and Dahlia Gillespie. Rose says she has seen Alessa and she asks why Alessa looks exactly like her own daughter Sharon. It was hard to hear the dialogue clearly as it wasn't loud enough and I was sitting toward the back of the room. The entire time the air raid siren is going in the background and people are running up the steps. One of them (a younger woman) stops and shouts something at Dahlia (it was hard to hear) and then the ground and everything around them starts to turn black. Rose runs up the steps and she and Cybil start to enter the school. Dahlia points at the younger woman and as Rose and Cybil enter the school, Pyramid Head makes it to the top of the stairs. He grabs the young woman by the neck, holds her up in the air, with a single pull tears her clothes off. Then he grabs the skin of her chest and twists it and then rips the skin off of her entire body. As Rose and Cybil slam the school doors shut, he throws the skin at them and it splatters against the door, with blood seeping underneath it. There was an effect where some of it splatters on the camera as it splats against the door.

Neil
02-16-2006, 03:37 PM
another pic of pyramid head (little larger) and confirmed true:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=5841&Template=newsfull

DZL
02-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Finally a game movie that is not crap!

Hahaha - you're right; there's no WAY it can be crap judging by the trailer...

Levitateme
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
That's incredible neil...man this movie is going to be insane.

EpShot
02-17-2006, 12:10 AM
thats ****ing nasty.

vfx fan
02-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Well, I can honestly say I'm not at all familiar with the game, but it's about time the movie industry got a (relatively) critically acclaimed director to helm a video game movie. (I think the closest they've ever got to that was Simon West for "Tomb Raider.") Just please don't put a heavy metal soundtrack in the film. That's exactly what turns movies into crap. That's why "Resident Evil" was crap and that's one-third of why "Doom" was crap (another third being the washed out storyline, the other third being The Rock).

eMPeck
02-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Just please don't put a heavy metal soundtrack in the film. That's exactly what turns movies into crap. That's why "Resident Evil" was crap and that's one-third of why "Doom" was crap (another third being the washed out storyline, the other third being The Rock).
Actually music will be written by Akira Yamaoka, the very same composer that wrote music to all four SH games. It is dark, haunting ambient-industrial music, mixed with beautiful songs. I really advise You to listen all of OST's (especially 3 and 4).

Music used in trailer was taken from games.

Solothores
02-18-2006, 06:55 AM
On July 18, 2005, ComingSoon.net had the opportunity to pay the cast and crew of Silent Hill a visit on set in Toronto, Ontario. The city was hotter than Georgia asphalt, but the heat did nothing to diminish the spirits of producer Samuel Hadida (The Rules of Attraction) and director Christophe Gans (Brotherhood of the Wolf). In fact, it seemed nothing could bring them down. The funny thing is that Hadida and Gans genuinely seem excited about the film they are making… something you don't see too much these days.

Gans is a hopelessly addicted gamer, and knows what it is like to see a crappy movie get made on the back of a great video game, and he was hell-bent to make sure that "Silent Hill" gets treated as a self-supported majestically dark film that holds true to the game's aesthetics and not go the way of dismal-beyond-imagination catastrophe that was Super Mario Bros. Judging by the set they were filming in that scorching day, there is little doubt that they achieved their goals.

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/silenthillsetvisit2.jpgThe set ComingSoon.net was privileged enough to view was possibly the creepiest hospital ever designed. In fact, it looks as though instead of being a place created for caring for and healing the sick, this hospital looks as if it were used solely as a fecal matter storage facility for the last one hundred years. That by no means is to suggest that the set design looks crappy, because it was clearly a very well thought, but you don't want to tough the walls. From experience acquired from years of working as an art director in the film industry, this writer can assure you that's a pretty hard thing to achieve and it shows just how skilled Silent Hill's production designer Carol Spier (Mimic, Blade II, eXistenZ) truly is. What's more, the overall production design is reminiscent of a Rothko painting. Throughout the story, the sets --which this hospital is somewhere around the second act-- get darker and more decrepit from scene to scene as the characters go deeper into the darkness.

What could have come off as campy truly does look frightening, and in a time where suspense and horror are tag lines used to justify poorly crafted splatter flick remakes targeted at teenagers who wouldn't know sh*t from good chocolate, Silent Hill looks like it may have the vision and clarity that created films like The Changeling or The Shining.

[...]

>>Read More<< (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13227)

LoTekK
02-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Good god that was creepy. The music at the very end of the trailer... *shudder*

sinnic
02-18-2006, 08:37 PM
another pic of pyramid head (little larger) and confirmed true:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=5841&Template=newsfullI'll meet your bet, and raise you a high-res full image of the shot.

http://kouja.free.fr/pyramid_head.jpg

I'm in love! :love:

eMPeck
02-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I had to change my avatar ;)

saftan
02-19-2006, 08:31 AM
hmm.. anyone one interested in my oppinion?... didn't think so...

..yet another game movie.

nassersays
02-25-2006, 03:00 AM
*drools everywhere* ahhh april is soo far away!!!
guess thats sort of good for now, gives me a chance to finish the game

heres another pic, if you've watched the trailer and see that Rose is horrified by something she sees on the fence, here is what she sees

if you dont want it to be spoiled for you, dont click XP
http://kouja.free.fr/silenthill_page6.jpg

Levitateme
02-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't know how you guys find this stuff, awesome. thanks for the link nassersays.

nassersays
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
hehe ive become an SH obsessed fan only recently ahahah when i first saw the trailer of this movie i was like WOW. Ive known there was a game for it but never played, this gives me a reason to now and i want to play the others -.- just got to get the money to buy the games.

well here is a video i found on youtube (great site) that compares scenes from the movie/trailer with the exact/similar scenes from the games (all 4) so you can tell where each movie scene gets its elements from. These are actual footage compiled by some guy, I love how he used the song from the game to accompany it.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=Mg_HrO0eXs0

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.