PDA

View Full Version : Blenders

logo29a
01-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I'm relatively new to Painter and am having some bizarre issues with Painter IX. If I use just about any of the blender brushes over an area with no data, it seems to paint in white (possibly the current background color?). I am adding fur highlights over an existing color layer. I need to smooth out the hairs, but am confronted with this issue. At first it appeared that it was erasing areas of the layer below, but after hiding the fur layer, I realized that it was just adding white. Is there any way to work around this? Thanks.

renniesize
01-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi

I'm no painter expert so I might might be wrong about this but it sounds like you might not have the pick up underlying colour box ticked in the layer attributes window. I think this would explain why the blender brushes are coming out white. Hope this helps.

logo29a
01-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks Rennie_G. That's exactly what it was. After checking the box I was able to smooth out my fur perfectly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 01:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.