PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!

wgriffiths2000
03-01-2002, 10:23 AM
When ever i am running a 3d program after some time passes a blue screen with some wite text will pop up for about a milla of a sec and then my hole system reboots it will happen less often when i defrag my hd. Dose any one eles have this problem or have any solutioins for me i would be greatfull. I have talked to some people about it and the feed back i have got it BIOS driver update and maby a power saply problem or somthing but i think it might have to do somthing with my graphics card but i am not to tecnical.Here are my specss...

CPU: AMD Althon XP1800+ w/266mhz
Motherboard: MSI K7T266 Pro2
Graphics Card: Asus V8200T2 64MB DX agp

P.S.
This seems to only happen when i am using 3d modeling programs though i dont play hardly any games and its never happend when i have played games.

If you need any more info peoples post ?? THX

--------------------

Fabool
03-01-2002, 02:18 PM
It would help a LOT, if you could see what read in the blue screen.
It might help you to see the text by right-clicking on My Computer-properties /Advanced/Startup and Recovery and unchecking the "Automatically reboot" box, so the screen should stay there and the computer won't reboot unless you press reset or cut the power.

As a wild guess it really could be your video card. Maybe you've got outdated drivers? Or it could be some wrong setting. I'd advise you to check form your BIOS or somewhere if you've got AGP 4x, side-banding and/or fast writes ON. They may cause instability problems with some computers and should be turned OFF, or the AGP to 2x. THe speed hit by doing this is really minimal, maybe even none.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.