PDA

View Full Version : How to render anime model?

trevul
01-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Im a real amatuer of a modeler in Maya but I've created a a pretty basic anime like chracter referenced off of sosuke from Full Metal Panic. I am not versed very well in rendering and was wondering how to render the model to look anime like. For instance I've also noticed in Ghost in the Shell that just about every machine is 3d modeled yet it looks like standard animation.

Eclectic
01-21-2006, 12:47 PM
HI!
You may try to use Toon options, if You have Maya 7.0
You can get nice results with them. Usually there is a lot of post processing to achieve look like in the Ghost in the shell. If You dont have Maya 7.0, try using vector render to get outlines and light surfaces with ambient light and render that separately in Maya software render. Combine outlines and the other render in Photoshop experimenting with filters.

trevul
01-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Hmm, never heard of Toon options. I'll have to try it out, in any case I could go the Photoshop route since I'm very well versed in that. Thanks a ton this is really going to help me, or at least get me off my stand still in the project. Thank you :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 05:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.