PDA

View Full Version : STEALING FEATURES: What can LW learn from Photoshop?

RobertoOrtiz
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
The idea of this thread is to discuss new ways to do things within Lightwave.

What ideas/ concepts could be learned from an app like photoshop?

Looking forward to your ideas.

-R

Sil3
01-19-2006, 04:39 PM
An History kinda thing to have MULTIPLE UNDOS that work on anything jumps right away into my mind...

coremi
01-19-2006, 05:26 PM
- workflow
- stability
-very good conection between tool

-it is the best 2D software, if lightwave can do the same in 3D i don't care about any other feature.

Bonzodogboy
01-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I too like the idea of a visible history that one could jump back to at any point. I think there is a feature like that in Maya, but I could be wrong.
Also maybe something like a history brush, might be good for morphs and things.
I think that it could be cool to have a floating palettes window like the actions window to organise often used plugins and 3rd party plugins. ones that don't have keyboard shortcuts assigned etc.
And last but not least, I reckon that the layers menu with a small preview panel would be really cool. sometimes when there are heaps of layers, it would be nice to just glance and see what was in the layer, rather than flick between layers trying to fimd the one you want...
:) my 2

Nemoid
01-19-2006, 11:06 PM
as said history. plus a well projected layer editor.
i like to see thumbnails very much, plus, i think that possibilities like :

grouping layers
creating layers sets
giving layers color (in the editor)
easily renaming, renumbering, organizing layers
(here some inspiration from plugs like skelegon editor could be interesting)

would be great.

plus, some features about layers visibility would be good.
having background layers with same visibility options like the active ones
wireframe shade, smooth shade, etc. would increase the workflow.

bearfoot
01-20-2006, 07:53 AM
i would love a "file browser" option in modeller..

one that would give u a thumbnail of the lwo you have clicked on before opening it..

maybe even show the layers of the model also..

cheers

BazC
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
i would love a "file browser" option in modeller..

one that would give u a thumbnail of the lwo you have clicked on before opening it..

maybe even show the layers of the model also..

cheers

Yeah that could be nice, it could double as a reference window too if it was dockable. Cinema4d has a nice example of this, verysimilar to photoshops but will browse models, scenes and images. It was great up to 8.5 (maybe 9) but I think the latest version has got a bit bloated - a bit like PS lol!

The layers pallette could be improved by taking a look at PS too. Folders, drag and drop reorganisation...

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.