PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray - Precalculation and faster rendering

SirKolchez
01-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Hello,
I've got a question to all MentalRay users.I've got a scene (first plan) when only camera is moving.Everything else like moving people and moving object will be added in postprocess.So,now each frame is precalculating photons and FG like a new frame but nothing with lighting and object doesn't change in my scene.Is this possible to precalculate photon or FG to speed up this process?I think that saving a pohton map and FG map doesn't work in this case because...i don't know.
There's a good solution in final render but i don't like it:(
If you know the answer please let me know
Cheers.

SirKolchez
01-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Hej!;)
nobody nows tha answer!?Come on guys,there must be somebody who knows the problem and solve it or maybe is sure that it cann't be done.
Cheers!

SirKolchez
01-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Hej,thank you all for a horde of answers...I found it by myself so there is no problem anymore.
Bye

MasterZap
01-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Hello,
I've got a question to all MentalRay users.I've got a scene (first plan) when only camera is moving.Everything else like moving people and moving object will be added in postprocess.So,now each frame is precalculating photons and FG like a new frame but nothing with lighting and object doesn't change in my scene.Is this possible to precalculate photon or FG to speed up this process?I think that saving a pohton map and FG map doesn't work in this case because...i don't know.

Why would it not work?

You can save the photon map for sure and set the fg map to not rebuild. That's what they are there for...!

/Z

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.