PDA

View Full Version : Environment:house

Frank_biemans
11-30-2002, 04:15 PM
this i my first creation i posting on a big forum like this... because my first creations where not good enough (i think...)

this one i made with Blender (www.blender.org).
I think it took me about 1,5 hours to fix this one :bounce:

http://www.gofoto.nl/_fotos/screensize/keuken.jpeghttp://www.gofoto.nl/_fotos/screensize/tafelstoelgrond.jpeg
http://www.gofoto.nl/_fotos/screensize/tafelstoelgrond2.jpeg

i am currenlty still workind on it...

Frank_biemans
11-30-2002, 04:47 PM
why doesnt any1 replie's at my first placed post?

SheepFactory
11-30-2002, 07:35 PM
There is not much to reply to.

It needs more work , here are a couple of things you should look at:

1-) the objects do not cast shadows , hence the image looks very unrealistic.

2-) the objects all have very sharp corners , so none of them have any specular highlights. You might want to bevel the edges.

3-) the textures are all too repetitive and clean.

4-) there are texture strech problems , mainly in the window. And the window looks like a jail cell window. You should model the frame and the glass.

good luck with it.

A|i

FusionDG
11-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Hi Frank,

Welcome to the forum.

To be honest, it looks like 1.5 hours worth of work. This posting may be better suited under the WIP section, because I think you could benefit greatly from some constructive criticism.

You may help us by telling us what this project is for, personal use or is there a client involved. If it is for personal training, then I would suggest that you learn what you can from this project and start anew. Some things that need to be addressed IMHO would be:

1. the scene could benefit greatly from the modeling having a better sense of proportion. The cabinet pulls seem oversized, the cabinets do not appear to be attached to each other. Both windows appear to be encroaching into the standard kitchen cabinet height.
2. the modeling is primitive and many basic items are missing. I don’t see tops for the cabinets or at least an overhang for them. There is no casing or trim around the windows.
3. once the modeling is down, maybe address the textures. The wall texture looks like oversized “Z-brick”. The crown moulding texture has an inconsistent grain and should be running the length of the wood, not crosscut as is shown in some places.
4. and you could also address the lighting. Right now the kitchen looks like it is illuminated by one incandescent 75W pull chain bulb.

BTW, it is a bit presumptuous to expect feedback within a half an hour of your initial posting. You may want to give people a little more time. If you are impatient for a response that also may taken as a sign that you could also have the potential to be impatient with any constructive crits that someone may offer to be helpful.

Hope this helps. :)

Sincerely,

Paul

Frank_biemans
12-01-2002, 07:40 AM
Thanks guys,

well this "house isnt 4 a project or something, i made it just 4 fun.

about the windows, i am working on it.
I start using Blender about 4 weeks ago thats why the rooms doesnt have much details, thnx 4 the help i certainly will use the tips :bounce: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.