PDA

View Full Version : Any XSI people living around Stamford CT?

dhath45
01-19-2006, 12:48 AM
I would love to find some people to colaborate and share ideas, and possible projects if any come up. Is anyone game?

JDex
01-19-2006, 12:52 AM
RI is kinda close :p

I'd love for enough users to be in the Southern NE area to start a usergroup. Avid HQ is basically here, so...

LemonNado
01-19-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm in NJ about 20 min's from Manhattan. So, not that far from Stamford Either. Isn't that Studio with the funny Website (Goat Mail???) in Stamford?!
Lemo

dwigfor
01-19-2006, 02:26 AM
I used to live in Durham, CT (next to Middletown) before moving out to LA. :)

dhath45
01-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Hey Lemonado! I grew up in Montclair!

LemonNado
01-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Cool! I am a couple miles down the street further towards the Madness 8-). You know Watsessing Park? I lived in Danbury for a few Years. Had a great time up there. Unfortunately the Company folded 8-(. Not my fault so hahaha.
Lemo

colintheys
01-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I live juse outside New Haven and go to school in Middletown. hello again Dwigfor. tis a small world.

3dtutorial
01-19-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm in Westfield, New Jersey -- not far from you either.

/joe

dhath45
01-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice to see some people reasonably close by. I make my living doing detailed 3d renderings for print. I'm somewhat slow now, but I currently have 2 reps pitching me. A year ago, I had I had so much work, I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off! If I get into a situation like that again, I would like to find some local talent to colaborate with. Of course my program of choice is XSI.

LemonNado
01-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Would be cool. Currently I am looking for a job polishing dull Phong Spheres, clean up rigs after the RealSlow sim, or reload particle emitters... Anything goes.
Lemo

dhath45
01-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey LemonNado, I know where Watessing Park is. Is that IHOP still there, on Bloomfield Ave., next to the GSP?

I used to live off of Grove Street, between Watchung Ave, and Claremont Ave.

LemonNado
01-20-2006, 02:41 AM
IHOP is still there. Don't know what the GSP stands for but if it's the old Movie Theatre, then that's a real Theatre company now!. But Cousins Pizza (Hmmmm) Is still across the Street.
I'm exactly at the other end where the School is. 10 mins from there. There is also a Train to Manhattan Since 2 Years (2-3 Stops and 20 Minutes). The reason we moved there. Bloomfield is really alright. Close AND far enough 8-).
Lemo

xeno3d
01-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Im located in Plymouth MA

dhath45
01-20-2006, 03:32 AM
GSP= Garden State Parkway

LemonNado
01-20-2006, 11:29 AM
GSP= Garden State Parkway
LOL.... Yes, that's still there hahaha. AND it's a theater most of the time as well...

power
01-20-2006, 09:44 PM
JDex - live in Queens, and would love to see a UserGroup formed. I read your posts, you have a wealth of knowledge, man.

Lemo - r u the guy who gave a [good] zBrush presentation at XSI meeting in NY recently ("last year")?

JDex
01-20-2006, 09:46 PM
JDex - live in Queens, and would love to see a UserGroup formed. I read your posts, you have a wealth of knowledge, man.

Hehe... it's all a facade, I assure you. :D

;)

LemonNado
01-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Lemo - r u the guy who gave a [good] zBrush presentation at XSI meeting in NY recently ("last year")?

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE someone remembers! That made my day haha!

Yep, that's me.

I have a small server and reserved the XSI-NYC domain last year because Phill of Pure and I wanted to setup a small local board.... BUT we didn't (lazy bastards!)... So this might be a great reason and motivation to get a small message board going for the NE Region! I'll see what I can do over the weekend (I promise it will be brutaly SIMPLE and I hope someone will help and make it pretty....).

dhath45
01-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I was at that XSI users group meeting too. I know who you are!

LemonNado
01-20-2006, 11:35 PM
I'm in trouble now....

power
01-21-2006, 12:52 AM
I wud like to spend a productive hour or 2 (better 3) at such a meeting and perhaps we can have "mini-presentations" like for example one could cover subdivision methods, and even though it's basic, more advanced ppl cud add to it. Same thing e.g. how to texture a human face/head, normal/dirt maps, etc. Any topic that we could share. This cud be in the "educational segment". Then if someone had an ongoing project and ppl wanted to help with we cud discuss it, or start a brand new project and divide labor. Next meeting "teams" would change jobs. The idea is to get the most out of it. If there is a prob with place I offer my apartment (BYOB :) in Queens to get started.
Cheers!

LemonNado
01-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Sounds great! I'll send an email to Phill who was able in the past to get a room in a lab with beamer etc. Small, cosy and perfect for the purpose. But I can't promise it. Queens sounds good to for me. We might need someone with a laptop. But I am sure we can arrange something. I have a mac laptop.. so that's a no go for XSI.
I'll bring snacks then 8-)
Lemo

JDex
01-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Keep things visible... those outside of the greater Gotham area may have troubles making the jouney much of the time, but you never know when the stars will align.

power
01-21-2006, 05:44 AM
I have a laptop (will see if can hook it up to tv) or perhasp someone has a projector. I live near Forest Hills & close to subway/Grand Central Pkwy, so either by car (20-30 min from Manhattan) or train (30 min ride) shudn't be that inconvenient. Wud need to know in advance how many people will appear so as to order a great pizza :).

dhath45
01-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Well lets get on with it! I have hard enough time trying to meeting XSI folk!

LemonNado
01-21-2006, 10:57 PM
I'd like to ask my friend if he can get that cool lab room. Is there a specific date or a recurring day of the week which is impossible or anyone? I'll ask him Monday!
Lemo

LemonNado
02-08-2006, 06:16 PM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

I just finished the basic setup of:

www.xsi-nyc.com (http://www.xsi-nyc.com)

So we can arrange our meetings from there.

Let me know if there are any problems!

Rainer

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 06:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.