PDA

View Full Version : First try in Matte sketch

gpepper
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi !
Usely I'm in the 3D gallery, but here I am !
This is my first post in this 2D gallery. And here is my first try in concept matte painting. Only a sketch for the moment:

http://gpepper.free.fr/matte/test3.jpg

Here is the making:

http://gpepper.free.fr/matte/matte_making.jpg

voilą !

makaron
01-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Gpepper... well, it“s a first time for everything... ;) this gonna be nice to see the progress

:wavey:

gpepper
01-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks Mona ! :)

Rebeccak
01-28-2006, 07:07 PM
gpepper,

Hey, I've just discovered this thread! Nice to see you in the 2D area...this looks quite nice! Are there any updates down the line? :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

ThePhotographer
01-28-2006, 07:46 PM
That makes me dream of my ski holidays in Meribel very soon ! I find it looks good, but I'm not an expert in matte painting though ....

Zapan
01-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Gilles , found you :bounce:

thx to Beckie the queen of advertising :scream:
Awesome matte mate (pff ok this one sucks) :D
Looks like a LOTR kinda landscape ... really cool ...

I also saw your students Harry Potters one (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=313264) ... truely beautiful too ... (I'm making ads too)

Great work my friend , hope to see plenty of those soon :thumbsup:

cheers ,

-Steph

gpepper
01-28-2006, 08:50 PM
gpepper,

Hey, I've just discovered this thread! Nice to see you in the 2D area...this looks quite nice! Are there any updates down the line? :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Thanks Beckie !
This is just a try ! I'm not so familiar with 2D but I really want to progress in this ! No real update, but maybe I will post some other "sketch" soon !

That makes me dream of my ski holidays in Meribel very soon ! I find it looks good, but I'm not an expert in matte painting though ....

Thanks Gitte ! I don't think this is really good, I need to work on painting very much to manage to paint as well as I would want !
Thanks again for this comment ! :)

Hey Gilles , found you :bounce:

thx to Beckie the queen of advertising :scream:
Awesome matte mate (pff ok this one sucks) :D
Looks like a LOTR kinda landscape ... really cool ...

I also saw your students Harry Potters one (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=313264) ... truely beautiful too ... (I'm making ads too)

Great work my friend , hope to see plenty of those soon :thumbsup:

cheers ,

-Steph

Thanks Steph ! You are right, Your joke is one of my favourite ! ;)
I saw that you have seen some of the work of my students. They are really great ! The pictures they made was done for a quick exercise in class. I think they are in the right way to become great CG artist, and I'm quite proud of it !

Thanks to every body for your cool words ! See U soon ! :cool:

Rebeccak
01-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by gpepper: Thanks Beckie !
This is just a try ! I'm not so familiar with 2D but I really want to progress in this ! No real update, but maybe I will post some other "sketch" soon !
You're quite welcome! :) If you want to do more Anatomy as well, feel free to join us in any of the threads on the Anatomy Forum...and if you're interested, also feel free to create a personal Anatomy Thread, and call it Anatomy Thread of gpepper. Of course you can post 2D and / or 3D work to your thread, so long as it relates to the figure. :)

Originally posted by Steph: thx to Beckie the queen of advertising :scream:
Do I get a tiara? :D

Chears,

~"Beckie" :)

Gunilla
01-29-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi there!
Nice matte painting - it's great to see some 2dwork from you!
So, I guess there will be more here later? I'll keep an eye on you :)

gpepper
01-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi there!
Nice matte painting - it's great to see some 2dwork from you!
So, I guess there will be more here later? I'll keep an eye on you :)

Morning, and Thanks Gun !
Maybe you will see some things soon. At this time my Zbrush don't want to work, so some of my projects are left behind.
Time for 2D !
See U soon ! ;)

Jakob L.
01-29-2006, 11:31 AM
what a nice sketch!

can't wait to see the full painting when it's done.

Corrosity
01-29-2006, 06:23 PM
my compliments, that is a hell of a matte-start :D wonderful image til now :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2006, 06:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.