PDA

View Full Version : still: Earth

br33z3r
11-30-2002, 12:51 PM
Hi,

i've been browsing this forum for a while now.. Got some excellent Artists here. thought it would be time 2 post some of my work... i'm pretty new to 3d couple of weeks. Made this image with cinema 4d

br33z3r

ThirdEye
11-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Cinema 4D is becoming really common here at CgTalk!! :thumbsup:

Your image's good. Too dark anyway.

Toope
12-01-2002, 08:44 AM
maybe add some alien invaders attacking..? lol

Frank_biemans
12-01-2002, 12:03 PM
nice :thumbsup:

i would like to see space invaders 2 :cool:

and some xplosions maybe :arteest:

MovieRelics
12-14-2002, 12:38 AM
I like your earth, but it needs alot of work still. The atmoshphere glow is off. You should only see it on where there is light. When it get's to the dark side of the planet, you need to have it trail off. You also need to put a spec map on the ocean only to give it a slight reflection. You also need to put your clouds on a different layer and push a displacment map thru it. You might also want to mess around with your lighting. You should try the scene with one directional light and a couple of Area lights doing some fill work to give it a more realistic orbital look. But it's a good start. Just keep doing it. I had to make several versions before I started to get close to a realistic looking earth. Good Luck

MovieRelics:bounce:

Remi
12-14-2002, 12:43 AM
Your missing the blue glow of the atmosphere.....there should only be a reflection of light coming from the ocean...work on the stars in the backround....bunch some of them together...make look less like a you just threw around points.....maybe add some variations in the brightness....and it's just a tad bit dark....great job and good start...just a few minor adjustments if you ask me and it'll be a complete image.....:thumbsup:

wgreenlee1
12-14-2002, 06:32 AM
Good to see C4D stuff here at CG Talk!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.