PDA

View Full Version : AE7 - price discrepancy

Darth Mole
01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Okay, I'm deeply annoyed by this. If I live in the US and order my AE7 Pro upgrade today, it'll cost me $199 - this directly converts to 113 (UK Pounds). Bizarrely, by making the mistake of living in the UK, I can order the exact same package and pay 169 (or 199 including VAT at 17.5%). That's $351!!

Now, for starters, I wish I had the option to just order the download instead of waiting for a CD and paper booklet (which will no doubt turn up when I'm at work, prompting an additional trip to the post office). But more frustrating, how come I have to pay 86 ($152) more for an identical collection of 1s and 0s? Even with state taxes, I doubt anyone in the will be US paying as much as we have to in the UK. I don't understand this at all.

I guess I'll just make do with 6.5 for a while longer. Thanks Adobe.

Hmph.

Mylenium
01-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Okay, I'm deeply annoyed by this. If I live in the US and order my AE7 Pro upgrade today, it'll cost me $199 - this directly converts to 113 (UK Pounds). Bizarrely, by making the mistake of living in the UK, I can order the exact same package and pay 169 (or 199 including VAT at 17.5%). That's $351!!

Now, for starters, I wish I had the option to just order the download instead of waiting for a CD and paper booklet (which will no doubt turn up when I'm at work, prompting an additional trip to the post office). But more frustrating, how come I have to pay 86 ($152) more for an identical collection of 1s and 0s? Even with state taxes, I doubt anyone in the will be US paying as much as we have to in the UK. I don't understand this at all.

Hmph.

Yepp, not nice, but it's always been like this. The bad thing about it is that unless you register a copy that was sold thru proper channels (e.g. for me a German version) you are not entitled to support (not that I would need it that much) and also run into trouble when trying to sell licenses which makes th entire matter even worse. Really a shame.

Mylenium

Jake-L
01-18-2006, 10:51 PM

Hmph.

True. Thanks to this particular Adobe policy/tax I've made it a point to skip as many Adobe upgrades as I possibly can.

The good side is that I've already saved a bundle and, perhaps, if I choose to upgrade from 5.5 to 7, it will actually feel like an upgrade :p.

beenyweenies
01-19-2006, 04:29 AM
True. Thanks to this particular Adobe policy/tax I've made it a point to skip as many Adobe upgrades as I possibly can.

The good side is that I've already saved a bundle and, perhaps, if I choose to upgrade from 5.5 to 7, it will actually feel like an upgrade :p.

I assure you the jump from 5.5 to ANY version up, especially 6.5, will be a major upgrade. You are missing out on a lot of features.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.