PDA

View Full Version : Salt Lake Graphics Society

Brian Cassil
01-18-2006, 08:03 PM
I thought I would post a quick announcement about our next meeting for our local group here. Our first meeting was a huge hit. We had about 70 people in attendance and was a great opportunity for everyone to get to know each other. Our next meeting is set for Sat Jan 21 from 4-6 PM at ITT again. If we have many more in attendance we will probably move locations for the third meeting.

We have a pretty nice agenda planned. Christopher Creek, VP and co-founder of Daz productions will be speaking. We will also be having a mini class on 3D max and another on Photoshop. Prizes, food, socializing and other announcements as well.

I've attached the flyer and you can check out the website at www.saltlakegraphics.org (http://www.saltlakegraphics.org/) as well for some more info. btw, we are looking for someone to join the planning commitee who can manage a more robust website.

Thanks

BTW, we would love to become a local chapter for the CGSociety but have gotten no response on how to do so.

motoxpress
01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Brian,

Can you tell me what this group is about? All of the links on the website were dead.

-gl

Brian Cassil
01-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I realize the website is a problem right now... Like I said we are looking for someone to manage it on a regular basis and in the interim the links should be taken care of in the next day or so.

Here's some quotes from the first newsletter we sent out:

Our Mission...

Our purpose is to sustain a community of computer graphics enthusiasts that fosters growth and inspiration by learning from each other in a fun and informative way.

Who We Are...

We are a core group of professionals, teachers and students who have come together to help create this community and bring others together in similar fashion.

What We Plan On Doing...

First off, we plan on holding regular meetings where people from various local industries can get together, meet each other and share ideas. We plan on having guest speakers from industry detail some of the multitudinous facets of what we do, from design viz and game development to graphic design and digital painting. We will hold short classes and seminars so that we may share techniques with each other, show emerging technology and software, or just show off our work. We will end our meetings with a social gathering so we can meet new friends and colleuges and provide a tremendous networking experience. Most of all, we will have some great fun!

bohmanart
01-19-2006, 02:44 AM
Brian, is this meeting just for salt lake professionals or are surrounding areas welcome to attend also?

I'm kind of new to the area and would like to check out an organization like yours. Also,if your interested, my line of work is in web design/develpoment so, maybe I could help you out with the website.

Brian Cassil
01-19-2006, 05:02 AM
This is really for anyone in the Utah area. In fact if we can get people from outside Salt Lake City, all the better. One of the requirements to become a registered siggraph chapter is that the group be named after a city or region, not state. We all thought Salt Lake sounded better than Wasatch Front as well as being more recognizable.

As I'm sure you've seen, we are in some dire need of help on the web-page. None of the committee members have the knowledge or time to maintain the website. Please send an e-mail stating your interest to info@saltlakegraphics.org. If you could include some links to sites you have done that would be great too.

dragongirl
01-29-2006, 02:15 AM
I just noticed this thread today. Are you planning to have more meetings in the future? If so where in Salt Lake?

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2006, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.