PDA

View Full Version : New Xpresso Presets

Srek
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi all,
i collected some of my Xpresso presets and bundled them in a library.
It includes Matrix, String and other handy operations
They can be found in the Xpresso section on http://www.bonkers.de

Have fun
Björn

trescool
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Thank you very much.:thumbsup:

Rantin Al
01-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Thankyou Björn, another beer is on the tap. :beer:

Cheers, Al.

lightdog
01-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Many thanks!

tcastudios
01-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I loaded it in the library/xnode and restarted Cinema but it doesn't show?
Any hints?

Cheers
Lennart

Srek
01-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Hm, should show in the X-Pool on the left side of the Xpresso editor. What is listed there?
Cheers
Björn

tcastudios
01-18-2006, 06:38 PM
I see what I think is the default stuff:
System Operators
System Presets
String.

And inside those what I think is the standard sets.
Cheers
Lennart

Srek
01-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Please try the load preset command from the X-Pool menu. It allows to load xgr files directly without restarting CINEMA. What version are you using, the preset was made using 9.521
Cheers
Björn

tcastudios
01-18-2006, 06:56 PM
R9.521 Mac. No luck loading via X-Pool. When I dloaded I got a "collection1.xgr.txt" file.
I deleted the ".txt" part. Maybe if I could try with a zipped file?

Cheers
Lennart

Srek
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Good call, please try again, i exchanged the xgr with the zipped version
Thanks
Björn

tcastudios
01-18-2006, 07:07 PM
There we go! Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Lennart

Tiziano
01-18-2006, 07:18 PM
This may be slightly off topic but I noticed Lennart's post about the .txt extensions.
Lately that's been happening to a number of C4d scene file downloads that I've downloaded.

Since I just upgraded Cinema to 9.521 and OSX to Tiger 10.4.4, all at the same time, I can't tell where the trouble is. Tiger or Cinema? Most often just deleting the .txt extension solves the problem though.

Food for thought :)

acmepixel
01-18-2006, 11:19 PM
This may be slightly off topic but I noticed Lennart's post about the .txt extensions.
Lately that's been happening to a number of C4d scene file downloads that I've downloaded.

Since I just upgraded Cinema to 9.521 and OSX to Tiger 10.4.4, all at the same time, I can't tell where the trouble is. Tiger or Cinema? Most often just deleting the .txt extension solves the problem though.

Food for thought :)

I didn't know you could download files with Cinema. ;)
The problem is with what you do the download, not Cinema or OSX. I'm asuming you are using Safari since I get the same result. Try using Firefox or Netscape. Or, just change the .txt to .c4d in the Get Info panel of each file. :)

Tiziano
01-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Or, just change the .txt to .c4d in the Get Info panel of each file. :)I currently do that. :D

Do all your Cinema files retain the Cinema icon or do you have some Cinema file icons that look like a blank sheet of paper? Every C4d created file I download comes across with the .txt extension and never gets the correct icon. Also, when I create a new file in Cinema and save it then make some adjustments to it and do a 'save as' the same thing happens to the icon. The combination of these things led me to think it was in the way Cinema was saving files rather than a Safari issue.

I've some friends who swap Flash .fla files with me and I don't get the .txt extensions when downloading those.

Rantin Al
01-19-2006, 02:58 AM
I've found that downloading an uncompressed file (.c4d for example) by clicking on the link causes Safari to open the file instead of downloading it.
"Saving file" from Safari will usually restore the the opened file to a normal .c4d file.
Alternatively, just Control+click on the link and use the "Save linked file to ..."

Zipped or .Sit files download normally by clicking the link.
The original file downloaded and installed OK into Cinema 8.5.

HTH, Al

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.