PDA

View Full Version : Importing With Uvmaps

veljko-lemonade
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi!
I created an object in Lightwave and would like to import it into Zbrush to add details to it,but i would like to keep my original uv maps (made in LW)-
i have not found any import format for Zbrush that would keep my uv maps- both dxf. and obj. do not save uv maps..

Im trying to do this so that i can take the model detailed in Zbrush, create bump maps from it and then aply these bump maps using the uv map to my low poly subpached model-

any help?

veljko-lemonade
01-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Jose Burgos on the lw user group found a solution for me, so ill share it-
the trick is to actually use the UV map/maps you have made on a surface- then when exported into an .obj they will be saved
so even if you will only use this uv map to make a bump map, just use it on a surface and this way the *.obj will record it when you export into it

rkrehe20
01-19-2006, 05:40 PM
i have issues with this in maya. i dont think i am exporting my UV map well. how do i load it in zbrush? i load it as a tool and i dont know what to do from there. i guess im kind of new to it, but after i load it, its 2d and i can do all sorts of cool stuff but then exporting i is another story.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.