PDA

View Full Version : Game Animation Demo Reel

HamsaPaksham
01-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Streming video (http://videolog.click21.com.br/videolog/vdl_index.php?user=lucianowerhli)

or

Direct Download here (http://videolog.click21.com.br//users/d3/59/lucianowerhli/arquivos/1137703747.wmv)

Hi, this is my first demo reel.
Thanks for watching

MassiveOverHual
01-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Slients is deadly if your main focus was facial expressions then you didnt do a very good job at it i say that because all you need really was one model or just a face directly in front of the camra i didnt see much expression at all just a bunch of robot flashing by make a old man face lip scyn the face to a speech or a movie line or something make him cry make him laugh hard and him look angry show expression and if you really wanted to show more of the model then make like a side template with the model rotating in a clay then texture and wire frames music will living things up and set a mood making it more enjoyable to view also the more realistic the model the more interesting the model

aslo show the rigg and controllers

HamsaPaksham
01-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi, thanks. I added some music. I hope you like it.

The problem was I had to make these animations from start to finish, five characters. Modeling, rigging, blendshapes, animating, hair, lighting and rendering. And Im a novice. It was my first real job doing character animation!

And in a very short time. 35 animations! In Maya! I never thought one day I could make it! It is one of the most difficult softwares and in 3d its the most difficult beside Houdini.

In the beggining I started doing lots of passes for the animations, but then I realized I could not go this way, otherwise Ill never finish the animations.
These animations were done for an downloadable game ( not released yet), so I had to use less frames.

Ill continue fixing the demo reel and also try to adjust and improove some animations

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.