PDA

View Full Version : Magnus Jonsson - Showreel

down_in_black
01-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi everybody!

My name is Magnus Jonsson, freelancer. I have just finished work on my new showreel. It contains clips from many of the projects I have been working on, old and new. Hopefully it will help me to get some more jobs. Enjoy the show!

Download:

LARGE 38Mb (http://www.pollus.se/filmer/showreel/magnus_jonsson_reel_l.mov)

SMALL 16Mb (http://www.pollus.se/filmer/showreel/magnus_jonsson_reel_s.mov)

Comments on this would be great!

AlbertArt
01-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey dude, I love the simple design of the Robot Friend Shortfilm. Very Cool and the Mecha Project is sweet. Great work! Coriolis is very nice aswell! :applause:

down_in_black
01-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words AlbertArt!

Happy u liked the simple stuff in Robot Friend. That was my first 3d animated short film!

More comments/questions on the reel would be great!

Shinro
01-20-2006, 10:27 PM
'Lo man. I've just saw the movie. Deep respect for your hard work. I'm happy to see more people interested in SF based graphic projects.
Some scenes are great. Like the first one, with the giant robot walking and the beautiful nature set behind this movement. Or the two panoramic views of the 2 cities (nice details there). However the last part with battleships and space I loved best, althou' the last explosion (battleship one) wasn't so elaborated like others from your short movie. I lliked the concept of those fighters and the idea of how to carry those anti-battleship missiles.

Overall nice movie! Good luck with the job! I'm sure u'll get some offers!
One question: I'm interested you worked alone at Mecha Project or you worked as a part of a team?

down_in_black
01-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks Shinro!

On the Mecha project and Coriolis I worked with Illustrator Pär Olofsson. If you liked those two then you will surely enjoy a new project I am working on, again together with Pär. Will post some WIP's from that project later here on CG talk.

If anyone want to see the full length Coriolis teaser then you can download it here:

LARGE (http://www.pollus.se/filmer/coriolis/coriolis_large.mov)

SMALL (http://www.pollus.se/filmer/coriolis/coriolis_small.mov)

Shinro
01-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah for sure impressed me! Excelent job!
Sure ... I watch with interest movies made by Blur, Pixar, etc but I watch with admiration and respect movies made by freelancers. I mean money vs passion for graphics, most of cases.

You guys know your job well .. all are cool: meshing, texturing/painting, effects, music.

(A couple of years ago I wanted to complete a movie with SF theme working with a friend of mine, but meanwhile I got a job in advertising/2D graphics, he got a job in web design and all I got so far are quite a lot of not mapped meshes :) ... I think I'll post some of them this week coz I want to finish at least a couple images.)

aliismail
01-23-2006, 11:47 PM
congratulations on your demoreel, quite imppressive
few thoughts about it
*in my opinion if you put the CORIOLIS teaser in the begining it would be better as i think its the best one (but cut the explosion right at the supernova or what ever its called, the explosion ends pretty quickly, the begining of the explosion is good but not the end so cut at the middle)
*the MECHA project is great also but i think its better not to show the robot alone without the enviorment, it makes it look small and without details, saying that the robot it self could get more details, but the shot where there is a nature background is just amazing, especially the birds nice touch.
*i dont know which method you used to animate the water bottle but it can improve
*if you add an enviroment to the exploding shack or wodden house it would be much better, and make it worth the effort
*althoughe i only saw a few shots from the robot friend short i really like its idea and feel its deep, but more details to the robot toy can be added (not a change in concept i mean) just few little details, maybe some screws at its arm or anything subtle
*the explosions in the mecha project are great

but anyway this is only what i think, no need to take it seriously, the CORIOLIS project looks very promising indeed

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 11:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.