PDA

View Full Version : I know how to use blend shapes for faces..but..(little help please?)

PeaceOfMind
11-30-2002, 05:58 AM
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could help me on a very newbie rigging question. I've created a character and completely set him up for animation except for the face, in which I'm going to use blend shapes. Now I know very well how blend shapes work, but what's the standard method of detaching the head to make duplications of it to create poses and how should i set up the lattice relationships since they don't duplicate with the mesh (or do they?)? I created the whole character as one mesh and I'm just hoping I didn't forget to do something I was supposed to do earlier nor consume myself in experimenting with something that shouldn't be done. It's probably a time-consuming answer, but I'll be greatful for the assistance.

Stahlberg
12-14-2002, 07:25 AM
See my (partial) rigging tutorial, for how I do it:
http://www.androidblues.com/rigtut.html

As you can see I leave the head separate, simply parent it to the top neck bone, then make clusters on the neck wich I parent to the lower neckbones and add SetDrivenKeys to counteract the movements of those joints. (Sounds overly complex but pretty straight forward, at least it works for me.)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.