PDA

View Full Version : layer styles as in photoshop

morgn
01-17-2006, 01:35 PM
hi,
really nooby question for yers.

When you double click on a layer in photoshop you get the layer styles property editor and in it you can place a colour overlay on the layer to change the overall colour.

Is this possible in After Effects?
I know you could go down the route of channel mixer etc, but when it comes to hexidecimal accuracy, for me, these ways dont cut the mustard.

You know you want to tell me!

Cheers,
Morgn.

Mylenium
01-17-2006, 04:28 PM
hi,
really nooby question for yers.

When you double click on a layer in photoshop you get the layer styles property editor and in it you can place a colour overlay on the layer to change the overall colour.

Is this possible in After Effects?
I know you could go down the route of channel mixer etc, but when it comes to hexidecimal accuracy, for me, these ways dont cut the mustard.

You know you want to tell me!

Cheers,
Morgn.

Nope, can't do. You have to use the other tools and build your own styles. However, AE will import certain layer styles if you import a Photoshop document. It's still awkward, but better than nothing.

Mylenium

williamsburroughs
01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Just apply an adjustment layer in AE and apply your effects to this layer, and set its transfer mode to what you want it to be.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.