PDA

View Full Version : Editing blendShape inbetweens

CaptainSam
01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Maybe Im daft for not having found it, but is there a way to remove an existing blendShape inbetween (other than editing the ascii file; breaking the connection seems to just bake the shape) or chaninging its target weight

seven6ty
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
You can always go into the graph editor and delete the key, I do believe.

CaptainSam
01-16-2006, 04:36 PM
huh, are you thinking of inbetween keyframes, or am i seriously missing something? im thinking of inbetween targets that have been applied to an existing blendShape, using deform/edit blendshape/add

seven6ty
01-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Ahhh, sorry, I was thinking of when you combine two blendshapes into a set driven key type of setup, where you can control the interpolation between shapes using the graph editor, not the case here. Not sure how to do it, besides deleting and re-creating the blendshape.

CaptainSam
01-16-2006, 07:47 PM
well, that may be the way to go in any case. I find the whole blendShapes workflow in Maya a royal pain in the ass, and editing inbetweens obviously fell through the cracks way back when it was done in 1997 (thats actually the date it says in the mel script that builds the Add BlendShape window)

seven6ty
01-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Hmm, I take it you already tried the remove blend shape option dialogue too?

CaptainSam
01-17-2006, 10:23 AM
yeah, kills the whole shape, cant single out the inbetween

maverickkk
01-22-2006, 05:54 PM
to remove a inbetween blendshape all you need to do is select your base shape go to deform edit blendshapes--remove--option box specify the blend shape node and in the specify target box mention the name of the inbetween object. that should do the trick.

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 05:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.