PDA

View Full Version : HTML coloured code Outlook email

jbw
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm sure this is either really easy or just more work than it's worth...
I'm trying to email portions of code to someone to update parts of websites and I can't get it to copy out of dreamweaver and into Outlook 2003 without killing the HTML format colouring. Does anyone know of a way to do this?
Any google I do on the subject returns endless numbers of microsoft security bulletins and how to email web pages.

ta,
jbw

ipaddress
01-17-2006, 04:33 AM
Hi

Do you want the message to sent as a HTML mime format or do you want to send the code "as is" ?Have you tried composing the mail ur trying to send in a plain text format?

-IPADD

jbw
01-17-2006, 08:10 AM
I don't want to send the email in a html format. I would like to send colour coded code (i.e. form tags are orange, attribute values are blue, script tags are red) via email, by copying from Dreamweaver to Outlook 2003.

I tried plain text, rich text and html format emails but it doesn't keep the colour formatting. :sad:

ta,
jbw

prixat
01-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately its dreamweaver that adds the colour on the fly.

It will be up to their editor to put colours back.

All I can think of is to include screenshots of the editor window with the actual code in a zip.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.