PDA

View Full Version : Still: Pen

mihkeltt
11-29-2002, 08:59 PM
I was just trying to make it as realistic as possible, but the ink from the pen just didn't want to get real. Radiosity was used on this scene to make the lighting better. Btw, the ink is not modelled, it's a metaball object. One thing that i can't work out, what it is, is the lighter stripe on the blue ink spot(might be a reflection, but nt sure). Used Maxon Cinema 4d xl7 for the scene.

http://www.hot.ee/miqpilt/pliiats2.jpg

Hope you like it.

ThirdEye
11-29-2002, 09:14 PM
I think there's a problem in your image: reflections! There aren't any! Why? Because you don't have an environment there! An image applied on a sky object should be enough to obtain good reflections, combine 'em with environment in materials and you'll have a good pic! Look at my example, look at the reflections on the pen. Cinema 4D XL 7.3 for me too.

MikeRhone
12-01-2002, 09:08 AM
I agree. Give this pen an environment and some reflections.

The water looks fake, so you should either get rid of it all togther or add it in photoshop. I dont know what the block is there for offhand, but you should either make it a real object like a book/phone/paper etc, or at very least (Assuming its a paperwieight) bevel the corners so you get some specular hits along the edges of the object. The pen should also be shinier with scratches and fingerprints instead of the stock fractal shader you have applied

Maybe look into Some GI setups for lighting.

Keep us posted...!

Mike R

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.