PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush Deals?

Signal2Noise
01-15-2006, 06:01 PM
I am still in the throes of deciding whether to lay down the chump change on Z. I am having hard time justifying to myself spending $650 CDN (download + boxed CD/manual) on something that's fun to use but not sure exactly how often I'd use it. Anyone know if Pixologic have offered discounts or special deals in the past on Z? I'm kind of waiting with a twitchy finger on the "BUY" button but usually with my luck I make the purchase then some time afterwards a sale happens.

Lyr
01-15-2006, 08:53 PM
I can't remember there ever beign any deals for zbrush. If you buy 2.0 now you get a free upgrade to 2.5, I remember reading there will be a price increase when 2.5 is released. So if you are going to buy Zbrush, I wouldn't wait.

virtualmesh
01-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey I just spent $600.85 on zBrush today (best to get it while the dollar value is high) for the download version.
I saw this application's potential through the video walk throughts (vtms) at the pixologic web site and said I have to get this.

I didnt want to pay for the extra CD and box because when it ships, the duties on the item will cost me more. When I purchased the Character Modeling limited edition book from Ballistic, the duties on that item cost me an extra $65 bucks.

Looking forward to sharing my questions with the group. Although, it seems that zBrush Central has a similar forum web site for users to discuss the application's development.

APLevitz
01-20-2006, 05:07 PM
ZBrush Central kicks ass. You'll get maximum feedback there, but your threads get buried pretty quick. Your posts here can be seen for much longer.

-----

The box and manual are mighty neat looking, but hardly required. Particularly since the book it comes with is available as a free download in the ZClassroom (http://pixologic.com/zbrush/class/classroom.html). If you're looking at import fees, it's probably cheaper to print your own copy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.