PDA

View Full Version : Recovering ruined image

noelt
01-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone might know the answer top this issue here: after saving an image the result was the image below, if i open painter and view using the "browse" view the thumbnail image in the browse view is uncorrupted so i was wondering if there is a way to get this browse image and save my painting. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/noeljtaylor/helppp.jpg

Jinbrown
01-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi,

The image you see in the Browse window is just a thumbnail created the first time you saved the image to that folder, so it won't help to recover your image if it's been corrupted.

Since your demo image has a lot of blue/green in it, close Painter and make sure your screen colors are set to 24 bit or higher, then launch Painter and take a look at your image again.

If it's still the same, try playing the script automatically recorded and saved by Painter on the last day your image looked OK. Tha script will have a date and time as the script name.

If that doesn't help, I guess your image won't be retrievable unless you saved it in a series of numbered files (or a series of files with different names) and the previously saved version is not corrupted. In that case, you will have lost only part of your work.

Good luck!

BluePulse
01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
noelt~What type of file did you save this as? example~.rif, .tif,jpg. I would guessed you saved it as a .rif file. Are you using Painter 8? I recently had the same problem. here was mine: Anger_inducing (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/bluepulse/mary_01_screwup.jpg)
I would recommend saving as a .psd from now on.

Jinbrown
01-26-2006, 03:31 AM
(Hi Blue!)

Only save in PSD or another non-Painter RIFF format if your image does not contain any Painter specific features and information that you'll need later.

If it does, and you save it in any other format than Painter's RIFF, you'll lose that Painter specific information and be stuck without it when you want to continue working on the image in Painter.

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 03:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.