PDA

View Full Version : Eyedropper tool madness

TimMehmet
01-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Ok this is probably a very stupid silly question, but somehow Iv managed to mess up a setting in PS.
When I hold alt for the eyedropper tool (or even just select the eyedropper tool) the new colour always goes to the background, I click swap.. but still whenever I eyedrop a colour it just goes straight to background. Does anyone know how to get it back to foreground as defualt?
Its hindering my workflow in that, when Im using my tablet I and am painting away with the brush tool, I hold the alt key and the colour goes to the background... then I have to reach for my keyboard and hit X.. quite anoying :/
any help apreaciated
Thanks all

frog
01-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Bring up the volour palette (F6), and you'll notice that the background colour square has a small highlight around it. Simply click on the foreground colour square and your problem is solved.

TimMehmet
01-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I cant believe it was that simple, really thanks man it was getting quite irratating siving through every option in photoshop

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.