PDA

View Full Version : Can I hide all of one polygroup?

ThePumpkinKing
01-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Okay, I couldn't find this anywhere. I have a sphere thats partially hidden, and has a purple polygroup. Then I did an inner extrude on all the faces at once, and they now are a nonconnected green polygroup. Is there a way to hide a polygroup all at once, even if it's now connected?

marcus-civis
01-14-2006, 10:43 PM
It doesn't matter if your polygroups are connected or not. To hide a group Shift+Ctrl+Click on it - this hides all but the group - then Shift+Ctrl+click on it again - this reverses the visibility so that all but the group is visible. To show the whole of the mesh Shift+Ctrl+Click on the background. Also remember that you can use the Tool>Polygroups>Group Visible to adjust grouping.

Andreseloy
01-14-2006, 10:44 PM
can you show a shot to see what you want to see if i can help? My english is ot good at all.
Thanks
Andreseloy

edited: if you show some email i can send a zscript for you.

ThePumpkinKing
01-15-2006, 03:10 AM
It doesn't matter if your polygroups are connected or not. To hide a group Shift+Ctrl+Click on it - this hides all but the group - then Shift+Ctrl+click on it again - this reverses the visibility so that all but the group is visible. To show the whole of the mesh Shift+Ctrl+Click on the background. Also remember that you can use the Tool>Polygroups>Group Visible to adjust grouping.

That's the thing, when I do this, nothing happens. If I want to hide anything, I have to drag out the rectangle, but I can't hide groups! Why is this?

marcus-civis
01-15-2006, 02:33 PM
I've no idea why that should be. You need to let the little red cursor square snap to a vertex but I expect you're doing that.

You might try this plugin I wrote for you. It simply emulates the Shift+Ctrl+click but uses the hotkey 'O' (that's the letter O, not zero). To test it, simply load the .zsc file using the ZScript>LOad button. If you find it works for you, you can install it so that the hotkey will always be there by placing the .zsc file in you ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder (if you have a new installation of ZBrush you may need to create the ZPlugs folder).

To use: just position your cursor over a group vertex and then press the O key (there's no need to click the mouse).

Andreseloy
01-15-2006, 03:01 PM
It work fine!
No surprise from you: tons of kindness and sharing support!
Andreseloy

ps: can i post zip files in the normal reply? or there is another way...

marcus-civis
01-15-2006, 03:21 PM
ps: can i post zip files in the normal reply? or there is another way...

Mario,

Thanks for your comments, my friend. :)

To post a zip file you click the Manage Attachments button and then choose the file you wish to attach.

Cheers,

ThePumpkinKing
01-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Mario,

Thanks for your comments, my friend. :)

To post a zip file you click the Manage Attachments button and then choose the file you wish to attach.

Cheers,

The plugin works great thank you. I can't thank you enough for taking time and writing a plugin, you are truly a generous person, and this solves my problem. Thank you so much.

marcus-civis
01-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Great, I'm glad it works for you! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.